Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FF question (All US versions)  (Read 2680 times)

adamjk

FF question (All US versions)
« on: April 18, 2004, 11:18:46 AM »
I have a Dawson syndie from 1980 where the first person gets only 36 points, and then the 2nd person ends up pulling it out with a total of 165 points, for a score of 201. Does anyone recall a bigger comeback?

Ian Wallis

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 09:14:34 AM »
I have a Dawson syndie from 1980 where the first person gets only 36 points, and then the 2nd person ends up pulling it out with a total of 165 points, for a score of 201. Does anyone recall a bigger comeback?

I can't recall a bigger one, but Richard was fond of saying "if it's over 50, it can be done" - meaning that if the first contestant got over 50 points, it was possible for a win.

However, you've already noted that someone came from well below 50 and still won.  There were also several players who got 200 all by themselves, so I guess it really didn't matter what the first player got because the second player could still win with all the No. 1 answers.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 11:42:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 06:14 AM\'] I can't recall a bigger one, but Richard was fond of saying "if it's over 50, it can be done" - meaning that if the first contestant got over 50 points, it was possible for a win.
 [/quote]
 I don't think he was speaking of mathematical possibilities, so much as the fact that a fairly good player can rack up 150 points in FM, so if the first player gives them that space to work with, they ought to be able to bring them home.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

adamjk

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 03:28:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 08:14 AM\'] However, you've already noted that someone came from well below 50 and still won.  There were also several players who got 200 all by themselves, so I guess it really didn't matter what the first player got because the second player could still win with all the No. 1 answers. [/quote]
 Incidentally, on all the US versions total, how many people celebrity or otherwise got 200 by themselves?