Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: tonight's syndie Combs Feud episode  (Read 4398 times)

adamjk

tonight's syndie Combs Feud episode
« on: April 16, 2004, 06:35:26 PM »
First off, during the first question, the bing sound was somewhat muffled. The other thing, was at the end. As Ray was closing the show, only sound was heard. Someone must have screwed up, because all that showed up on screen, was the spinning new Family Feud logo (92-94), which was corrected once the credits started up. But did anyone notice these occurances?

Pyramid80

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 07:03:19 PM »
The same exact thing happened yesterday before the credits started rolling.

adamjk

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 07:06:23 PM »
Didn't see it yesterday. Did tape it though. Hmm, I wonder if they were showing the telephone number to call to become on contestant at this time. That may explain what happened. I mean, they couldn't make the same mistake twice could they?

familyfeudfan

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 07:37:01 PM »
Did they add the $10,000 win graphic yet, I haven't watched in a wile.

adamjk

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 07:40:27 PM »
Don't believe so. Anyone know when they started using the graphics?

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 08:14:53 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 07:06 PM\'] I mean, they couldn't make the same mistake twice could they? [/quote]
 Although I don't think it's a mistake in this case, remember that we are talking about GSN here.

sshuffield70

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 08:27:30 PM »
This is the same crew that hasn't figured out how to re-edit the ending to include the current contestant line number.

adamjk

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 09:24:18 PM »
Out of curiosity, what is the number?

Terry K

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2004, 04:01:40 AM »
The spinning feud logo was put in to cover the contestant number, and it wasn't done by GSN.  All-American did that back in 95 when they put Combs Feud into reruns (They may well have recut that especially *for* GSN, since they knew Feud was going to them as well)

Combs Feud aficionado

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2004, 09:13:48 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 06:40 PM\'] Don't believe so. Anyone know when they started using the graphics? [/quote]
 On the CBS daytime edition it wasn't until 1990 or 1991.  I imagine it probably happened around the same time on the syndicated edition.

HYHYBT

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2004, 01:20:33 AM »
They started flashing the $10,000 at the bottom at the beginning of season two.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Ian Wallis

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2004, 08:49:01 AM »
All-American did that back in 95 when they put Combs Feud into reruns (They may well have recut that especially *for* GSN, since they knew Feud was going to them as well)

You're right about it being in '95.  I have a tape of an episode GSN aired in '94, and the contestant numbers weren't blocked out.  They must have started about a year after they went on the air.

To me, it's a tad annoying.  USA got around it by putting the graphic "phone number not active" over it - GSN (or All-American) *could* have done the same thing.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004, 11:44:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Apr 29 2004, 05:49 AM\'] To me, it's a tad annoying.  USA got around it by putting the graphic "phone number not active" over it - GSN (or All-American) *could* have done the same thing. [/quote]
 Better to just chop them out. You can put all of the warnings you want on top of those numbers, some idiot is going to call anyhow. Trust me.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe