Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity charades question  (Read 2150 times)

1978-Jeopardy

Celebrity charades question
« on: April 11, 2004, 10:44:01 PM »
I just found out that Jay Johnson, the guy from "Soap" hosted a gameshow called Celebrity Charades. Now let my ask the quick and obvious question: Was he accompanied by Bob?

beatlefreak84

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 10:53:47 PM »
If you're talking about a dummy named Bob since Johnson was indeed a ventriloquist (in case anyone out there didn't know), no, he wasn't.  However, there was a dummy that accompanied him named "Squeaky."  The dummy was even given co-host billing (no, not Johnson; Squeaky!).

A pretty lame idea, if you ask me, to have a dummy on a game show like this, and even weirder to have actual conversations between the host, the celebrities, and the dummy.  Hmm...wonder why this show tanked?  :)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 11:12:22 PM »
Not to put too fine a spin on this, but remember that "Bob" was the fictional character in the sitcom Soap.  Squeaky is the same block of wood, and is simply the dummy's...uh...real name.

ObMusicals:  Jay Johnson's teenage son recently had a part in his high school's production of City of Angels.  Just one more odd fact I picked up on my California trip.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 05:09:37 AM »
Ny guess as to why Celeberty Charades tanked falls squarely on the dummy(Squeaky).  Any attempt to lighten up an already light-hearted celeberty panel game would lean it towards an improv type of show.  At least, that's my gist of it anyway.

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 03:20:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Apr 11 2004, 10:12 PM\']Not to put too fine a spin on this, but remember that "Bob" was the fictional character in the sitcom Soap.  Squeaky is the same block of wood, and is simply the dummy's...uh...real name.[/quote]
So Squeaky was portraying Bob Campbell on "So You Think You Got Troubles!?"