Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Peter Marshall on MADtv  (Read 1445 times)

cmjb13

Peter Marshall on MADtv
« on: April 10, 2004, 08:31:54 PM »
Airing now Eastern time on Comedy Central.

He plays a game show host on a game called First to a million.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

1978-Jeopardy

Peter Marshall on MADtv
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 08:41:24 PM »
I still can't believe comedy central got rid of SNL for mad tv. On SNL Gene Rayburn once made a cameo on a game show parody, in which the host fell in love with a contestant. He tried to break it up. It looked like a q&a game, with prizes in the backround, a bedroom to be exact (how smutty) and Wof-esque price cards.

ChuckNet

Peter Marshall on MADtv
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 06:08:16 PM »
I still can't believe comedy central got rid of SNL for mad tv.

From a GS fan's standpoint, that's not such a bad trade...MadTV seems to do a GS parody at least once a month, and thanks to CC, I'm currently working on my latest pet project for the trading community, a 2-hr. tape of all their parodies collectively known as "The MadTV Game Show Megamix."

BTW, I'll let y'all know when it's finished, and you can expect to see it at GSC12 this summer, as well. ;-)

Chuck Donegan (The Shamelessly-Self-Promoting "Chuckie Baby")

uncamark

Peter Marshall on MADtv
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 03:35:04 PM »
[quote name=\'1978-Jeopardy\' date=\'Apr 10 2004, 07:41 PM\']I still can't believe comedy central got rid of SNL for mad tv. [/quote]
They didn't get rid of it--E! outbid them for the entire run of "SNL."

However, as you may know, the airing of "SNL" on E! has fallen into limbo, as NBC is suing the channel for a "101 Greatest 'SNL' Moments" special that was supposed to air back in January.  The network claims that the special violated their contract for airing "SNL."  Therefore, repeats of "SNL" are nowhere on television except for NBC weekend overnights, until E! and the Peacock iron out their differences--if that ever happens.

I will bet you even money that "SNL" repeats will end up on Trio within the next year.