Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New TPIR Announcer Named  (Read 16610 times)

Mike Tennant

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2004, 01:39:39 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 09:40 PM\'][quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 09:56 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 05:42 PM\'] And hey, I'm still pretty young, and so are you, and so is everyone else here from what I gather, so I don't doubt another shot at "The Booth" will come your way down the line.
 [/quote]
Now hold on here one second. How in the world is it the least bit helpful to say "just wait until Rich dies"??  Good grief. [/quote]
Only Jumpondees knows what he meant, but that's not how I read it... I took "The Booth" to mean another big, high-profile announcing job in general, not specifically TPIR.[/quote]
Furthermore, who knows if Rich will remain with TPIR for the rest of his life?  He might decide to quit, or Fremantle might decide to give him the boot if he starts to cost too much, or he might get another gig he likes better.  There's more than one way short of death that the TPIR booth could become available to Randy again.

cmjb13

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2004, 01:55:03 PM »
Fremantle might decide to give him the boot if he starts to cost too much
Compared to what? Rod's old salary?

Geez, the guy barely started and speculation is already beginning on how long he'll last?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Steve Gavazzi

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2004, 02:31:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 01:39 PM\'] or he might get another gig he likes better [/quote]
 This job is supposedly his dream.  How could he possibly find "another gig he likes better?"

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2004, 03:03:14 PM »
Y'all know that the TPIR announcer does not work out of a booth, right?

Mike Tennant

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2004, 03:22:54 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 12:55 PM\']Geez, the guy barely started and speculation is already beginning on how long he'll last?[/quote]
This job is supposedly his dream. How could he possibly find "another gig he likes better?"
Whoa!  Settle down, guys!  I was just trying to make the point that suggesting that Randy might get another shot at the gig does not imply that Rich has to die first.  I'm not trying to push him out the door or even suggest that any of these things will necessarily happen.

Take some Valium and sit back in your La-Z-Boy recliners.

passwordplus

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2004, 08:20:22 PM »
So it is a safe bet that either

A. Steve the "perfesser" reads this board and golden-road.net
or B. He has one of his students do the same.

50/50 already been used, need an answer!(lol)

Jumpondees

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2004, 08:48:06 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 08:56 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 05:42 PM\'] And hey, I'm still pretty young, and so are you, and so is everyone else here from what I gather, so I don't doubt another shot at "The Booth" will come your way down the line.
 [/quote]
Now hold on here one second. How in the world is it the least bit helpful to say "just wait until Rich dies"??  Good grief. [/quote]
 My Dear Mr. Charles...

You are reading more into that sentence than you should...I do not wish death and ill will on anyone...and that is not what I was going after, for that is really crude...If I wanted to do that, I'd still be in that BAD newsgroup, never to be allowed in such fine company that I share here right now.

It is possible you know for Rich to decide somewhere in the future that he's had enough of TPIR and leave the show on his own (although anyone who would walk away from that great job would be nuts), or perhaps the proudcers in thier infinite wisdom decide somewhere down the line that they want a new voice (although that doesn't happen much, there is a first time for everything).

My whole point is that I wanted to stay on the positive side, TPIR is a very well-done show which has spanned generations past and will span generations to come.  I just wanted to keep a door open to the chance that one day Randy could very well have another shot...and that I'll be here, or in whatever forum that exists at that time, to support him.

Jumpondees

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2004, 09:04:28 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 02:03 PM\'] Y'all know that the TPIR announcer does not work out of a booth, right? [/quote]
 Not that I need to point it out, but my use of the word "booth" is a figure of speech...

Argo

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2004, 10:16:20 PM »
As i am from Newfoundland along with vTown, I congratulate you Randy for doing an awesome job. I must admit that i havent been watching TPIR regularly lately but it was nice to get a feel for your voice finally, as in this part of Canada we havent really got to hear much of your work. Just too many announcers lately seem to be either too excited or not excited enough, Randy, as a trained professional, knows the limits and pays attention to what he is reading so the appropriate vocal expressions appear, rather than being monotone all the time, or just too cafe moca happy about an Amana.

I didnt really have much to say, but just wanted to say thanks and congrats to Randy for his job well done, and wish him nothin but the best in everything.

tommycharles

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2004, 12:04:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 07:48 PM\']
My Dear Mr. Charles...

You are reading more into that sentence than you should...I do not wish death and ill will on anyone...and that is not what I was going after, for that is really crude...If I wanted to do that, I'd still be in that BAD newsgroup, never to be allowed in such fine company that I share here right now.

It is possible you know for Rich to decide somewhere in the future that he's had enough of TPIR and leave the show on his own (although anyone who would walk away from that great job would be nuts), or perhaps the proudcers in thier infinite wisdom decide somewhere down the line that they want a new voice (although that doesn't happen much, there is a first time for everything).

My whole point is that I wanted to stay on the positive side, TPIR is a very well-done show which has spanned generations past and will span generations to come.  I just wanted to keep a door open to the chance that one day Randy could very well have another shot...and that I'll be here, or in whatever forum that exists at that time, to support him. [/quote]
 Ok, I should have given you more credit than that. I know Rich could choose to leave, but I guess I read way too much into it. Mea culpa.