Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New TPIR Announcer Named  (Read 16605 times)

tyshaun1

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2004, 01:32:06 PM »
Has anyone noticed that in recent shows, Rich Fields has considerably toned it down in his performance? It's like he already knew at this point that he was going to be the new announcer.............

As for Randy, it's a shame he didn't get the gig, but life (and more work)will go on for our favorite announcer. I'm of the opinion that since Bob wants to be the only noticable star of the show, and Rod and Johnny became stars in their own right, Randy's strong annoucing personality wouldn't fit in his system.  Ergo, Rich Fields, come on down!

Tyshaun

passwordplus

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2004, 02:05:08 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 7 2004, 08:20 AM\'] Put it this way. We all win.

Daniel Rosen wasn't chosen. [/quote]
I just felt the urge to say  "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!" like Patrick Wayne did on TTD '90.

(sorry, I heard the sarcasm detector beeping on that post LOUDLY)

Hey, train wreck idea for Syndie TPIR, Patrick "YOU WINNNN" Wayne hosting with Don Roseman(aka Daniel ROsen) announcing.

Shhhh, don't give Fremantle any ideas now.

Anyways, Randy, you were my top choice with Mr. Fields being a close 2nd. Maybe we will see you on WOF and or Jeopardy one day soon(Charlie and Johnny won't live forever now). I can see you announcing WOF for sure.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 02:10:05 PM by passwordplus »

Radiofreewill

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2004, 03:31:40 PM »
Starting to sound like a broken record in here, but I too will echo the sentiments of the others.

Instead of being angry at Fremangle, we should just remember the words of John Lennon ("Instant karma's gonna get you" for the younger posters).

tommycharles

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2004, 04:11:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Radiofreewill\' date=\'Apr 7 2004, 02:31 PM\'] Starting to sound like a broken record in here, but I too will echo the sentiments of the others.

Instead of being angry at Fremangle, we should just remember the words of John Lennon [/quote]
 "You should have seen them kicking Edgar Allen Poe"?

PeterMarshallFan

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2004, 04:14:56 PM »
I'm getting a serious case of deja vu here.

I remember when Johnny passed away and Rod was named the permanent announcer, it was EXACTLY like this. I remember things like "The guy from PYL is replacing Johnny?" "He could be good, but I would've picked Bob Hilton," and "Rod Roddy? I don't know about that." Swap some of the names and you've got what's happening now.

Obviously we were all pulling for Randy, and many of us share his disappointment today. But things go on, just like they did in 1985. We can be disappointed, but there's a point where disappointment becomes bitterness toward the show and I don't think we want that. I think the best course of action would be to console Randy [but he will be back, that's a given] and give Rich all the support we can. Goodness knows he's gonna need it during this period while he settles in.

And let me congratulate Rich on accomplishing his dream of announcing on TPiR.

DrJWJustice

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2004, 04:40:00 PM »
First, to Rich, I know the whole group wishes you the very best of luck.  Everyone knows that these are big shoes you now get the honor to fill.

And to Randy, dammit you gave it your very best, and it was a pleasure to hear you behind the mike.  I look forward to hearing you in future shows.

PeterMarshallFan

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2004, 04:43:18 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 7 2004, 03:34 AM\'] [quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 11:31 PM\'] I was the only one who never slapped his ass !
-Joe R. [/quote]
He told me a gentle caress was enough.

I feel so dirty. ;) [/quote]
Dammit Lemon, yer gonna have a lock on the Most Amusing Posts of 2004 at this rate.
:-)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 04:43:31 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

Jamey Greek

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2004, 04:58:34 PM »
Randy,

I am very, very, sorry that you did not get the gig for TPIR.  My sincere Apologies.  I was hoping that you would get the gig! you got my vote! and you did a very good job!

I liked you, and admired you since you announced Trivial Pursuit and I was in Elementary School.  You are a very good and talented announcer Randy, and I really like you.

Maybe pretty soon you might get another announcing Job, Heck who knows? I have been thinking that you just might get to take Johnny or Charlie O's place on J! or WOF, I wish you the best of luck Randy, and may god bless you.

Sincerely,

Jamey Greek

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2004, 06:47:20 PM »
TPIR would have been a wonderful gig for Randy, and getting it meant a lot to him, but it is a testament to his talent and versatility as a performer that he had a thriving career before TPIR knocked on his door and he will continue to have a thriving career afterwards. The producers of TPIR may not have felt he was "right" for the part for whatever reason, but there will be plenty of other gigs where he IS "right" for the part, I guarantee it. No one I know loves his line of work or the business more than Randy, and he is fortunate to be able to make his living in it. With the game show "drought" that began in the early '90s there are many, many people who have not been fortunate enough to stay in the business.

Show business comes with more than its share of disappointments, letdowns and dashed hopes and dreams. It is part of the territory and everyone -- EVERYONE -- encounters it sooner or later. Those who are destined to survive in the business learn to deal with it and move on.

Fremangle knew full well that with someone as good as Randy, they'd probably have to pay him more than they wanted. So, that's why things worked out the way they did.
I don't think it's appropriate to speculate about financial terms when you are not a party to the transaction.

gtbecbp

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2004, 07:55:47 PM »
Randy,

I'm sorry you didn't get the job, but with your talent getting a great job should not be a problem!!

Ben

tyshaun1

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2004, 09:19:33 PM »
Ya know, with the TPIR announcing gig behind him, I was thinking:

Since there is supposed to be a "surprise" host for the TPIR Live! gig coming up, could there be a possibility that Randy himself is going to be hosting? Even though he hasn't hosted a show that made it to air, he has done a pilot or two........Just a thought......

ChuckNet

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2004, 10:52:21 PM »
Randy, my response amounts in this case to a glorified "what they said". :-) I'm sorry you didn't get the gig, but I enjoyed your work greatly, and I don't doubt you've got plenty more GS gigs in store.

And to Rich, congrats...your experience on Flamingo Fortune really paid off, and I look forward to hearing your voice behind the PiR mike on a regular basis.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools
New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2004, 10:54:48 PM »
rich, i am glad you are the announcer on tpir on regular basis; i am looking forward to your announcing on tpir every day
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2004, 10:04:44 AM »
To paraphrase Keith Olbermann, I cannot add anything more that is either relevant or true.  This is one of those PJTP moments, but I couldn't let this go by without saying SOMETHING (but all of the good lines have pretty much been taken).

Kudos to Randy for the class you have shown in making the initial post.  Well said by you, and best of luck to Rich.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TonicBH

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2004, 11:18:04 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Apr 7 2004, 03:14 PM\'] I remember when Johnny passed away and Rod was named the permanent announcer, it was EXACTLY like this. I remember things like "The guy from PYL is replacing Johnny?" "He could be good, but I would've picked Bob Hilton," and "Rod Roddy? I don't know about that." Swap some of the names and you've got what's happening now. [/quote]
 So, judging by what you're saying here, you're saying that we'll eventually warm up to Rich just as much as we got used to Rod?

...eh, works for me. But I haven't watched Price in a long time, so I couldn't really comment on this "Battle for the Announcer's Chair."

(btw, is Daniel Rosen really that bad an announcer?)
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.