Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New TPIR Announcer Named  (Read 16611 times)

tvrandywest

New TPIR Announcer Named
« on: April 06, 2004, 11:46:14 PM »
It's been posted elsewhere, and the e-mails have started to come in. I assume it's just a matter of moments before someone posts it here, so I'd like to be the one to preface it by saying THANK YOU for you support.

Rich Fields was named the new announcer for "Price" today. While we have several mutual friends, Rich and I have never met. But he's obviously an experienced broadcaster who has paid his fair share of dues on the way up. I wish him every success as he takes his place at the hallowed podium.

From the 50 episodes I worked since May of 2003 I had the chance to live a little of my childhood dream. I enjoyed the thrill of performing to the most enthusiastic audiences in all of television, work with some truly gifted staff and crew members, hang with the world's greatest MC, and I have added some very wonderful people to my address book as new pals. Besides the joy, I learned and grew from the challenge and experience. Additionally, I feel a little bit closer to and have newfound respect for two old friends, Johnny and Rod.

I continue to work with another group of good people on Jonathan Goodson's "Big Spin" and hope to be back in your living room again soon. Without a few valleys the hills don't seem quite as high.

Nothing is more important to me right now than to tell everyone who has been supportive of my efforts towards landing the full-time position how much I appreciate the time they took to post, e-mail, IM, call, slap my ass, and generally spread positive vibes into the cosmos. You have warmed my heart with some very kind words, thoughts and emotions. They will continue to glow for a long time to come. Thank you.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 06:52:45 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

ITSBRY

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 11:51:33 PM »
Darn it!!!  Really disappointed to hear this Randy.  NOBODY deserved this gig more than you.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 11:52:59 PM »
I feel like I want to shed a tear or something.  But say Randy, you had my vote of confidence as well.  Of course, it was a joy and a pleasure hearing you announce Price during your times.

Now if I could fly to California and hear you on the BIG SPIN on KCAL from New Jersey!!!  lol
-Sanford

MYosua

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 11:54:16 PM »
I agree with ITSBRY - you were obviously the best, most experienced, and most deserving person in the world to get the job.  I'm really sorry that you were not selected.

But I think we all should really be tanking YOU - you gave us the best episdoes of TPiR produced in a long time.  You brought back something into the show that hadn't been there in a long while - good chemistry, and despite all the rotating and additional changes to the show - a sense of family.

Thank you very much, Randy!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 11:56:52 PM by MYosua »

tommycharles

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 11:54:25 PM »
Well, I'm sorry you didn't get the job, Randy. But I'm happy for Rich - best of luck to him!

Are you still doing the road show, Randy?

DYosua

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 11:55:55 PM »
Randy: Thank YOU for your work on the show.  The shows you worked on were some of the best I can remember.  You recaptured the fun and classy charm that has kept the show on the air for 30+ years, and in my opinion, you were the only one out of the auditioners to do that.  I know I speak for many of us when I say that you are, unquestionably, the best.

nbuckler14

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 11:56:49 PM »
Well Randy, I'll really miss hearing you on TPiR, but maybe you'll get another announcing gig in the near future, be sure to keep us posted.

Thanks,
Nick
Nick Buckler, COME ON DOWN! You are the next poster on The Game Show Forum!

Clay Zambo

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 12:00:54 AM »
Randy,

None of us can be as disappointed as you might be right now, and very likely no one could have given us the news in such a classy post.

Best wishes on your next project, whatever it may be.
czambo@mac.com

The Ol' Guy

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 12:25:07 AM »
Not to mention we want to thank you for hanging out with us. There are just a handful of true game show professionals in the family, compared to a lopsided ratio of fans - myself included. You add knowledge, whimsy, experience and insight to our threads, and we hope we'll stay deserving of your company. And before I can sound any more obsequious, I'd better bail....
we love ya, kid.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 07:39:08 PM by The Ol' Guy »

Timsterino

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 02:11:29 AM »
I was very disappointed to hear of their selection, Randy. FWIW, and that is not a lot, I thought you were the best candidate.

I wish you lots of success with your future projects. I have no doubt that we will see, or hear you again very soon.

Tim :-)

J.R.

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 02:31:45 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 10:46 PM\'] Nothing is more important to me right now than to tell everyone who has been supportive of my efforts towards landing the full-time position how much I appreciate the time they took to post, e-mail, IM, call, slap my ass, and generally spread positive vibes into the cosmos. [/quote]
 It's all my fault that Randy didn't get the gig !

I was the only one who never slapped his ass !
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 03:34:17 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 11:31 PM\'] I was the only one who never slapped his ass !
-Joe R. [/quote]
 He told me a gentle caress was enough.

I feel so dirty. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2004, 03:45:45 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 7 2004, 02:34 AM\'] [quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 11:31 PM\'] I was the only one who never slapped his ass !
-Joe R. [/quote]
He told me a gentle caress was enough.

I feel so dirty. ;) [/quote]
 Are you sure we're all talking about the same Randy West? ;-)

inturnaround

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2004, 04:45:25 AM »
Well, damn. I don't often watch TPiR, but I did watch when you were on, Randy, and I'm sad that you didn't get the chair full time.

Still, I know you'll land on your feet and you'll be announcing away on the telly till you're old and gray.

(It's funny, I was watching an episode once not too long ago and caught just the middle. As I listened, I said to myself "Hey, this guy is good!" Then Bob asked for Randy to call down the next contestant. I felt so dumb! Of course it was you! Hehe)
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Craig Karlberg

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2004, 04:50:53 AM »
Congratulations to Rich for the pernanent gig.

Randy, thanks for all you did on that show.  I will miss that magical electric voice.  May you'll have fun in future endeavors whatever they are.  : - , (.