The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

When did you first hear about GSN?

<< < (6/7) > >>

trainman:
First time I saw GSN was at GSC-2 in the winter of 1995, thanks to David Hammett and the aforementioned tapes he made of the debut weekend using his school's satellite equipment.

I saw GSN for the first time \"live\" when I became one of the first digital cable customers in the South Hills of Pittsburgh in April 1998...I had it installed on the Monday of the last week of the Dark Period.  I don't remember what I watched first, but I do remember managing to catch \"Go\" every night that week.

Then I moved to Burbank, California, and it turned out that the apartment complex I moved into had its own private cable system that set new standards for incompetence and didn't have GSN, so I was without it from March 1999 until my lease was up in March 2000 and I moved.

ascatlegesone:
i saw match game on and i throught it was some werid looking hollywood squares and then i changed it and went back to gsn and  i herd rod roddy on pyl and after that i start watching gsn

HomieG1386:
Holy smokes... Just reading all this brings back many memories of when I had GSN...

I first saw GSN when I went with family to go see relatives in Missouri. My aunt whom we were staying with had sattelite, and when they were flipping channels I saw a classic To Tell the Truth. I asked them to flip it back and I was in awe. I didn't know there were black & white game shows (hey, I was about 11 at the time; gimme a break!). When I went back home I forgot about it all.

Then about in 1997-98 I was talking to my pastor's wife. They had cable (or was it sattelite?) and she was talking to me about GSN and, more specifically, an original on it called Inquizition. Now, this woman is a game show fanatic, so she explained it even better than I could imagine. It was then that I wanted digital cable.

Finally, after months of complaining, begging, and explaning, my parents got digital cable and I got to watch GSN. I don't even remember much, but since someone else brought it up, I do actually remember old TPIR episodes (WinTV was the light switch for me). I now remember many shows on there that I miss.

Sadly, bills were piling and digital cable went away in early 2002 (I remember this because I was watching TechTV and Leo Laporte doing his best to be a reporter when 9/11 happened) and I was stuck with nuthin' again.

But hey, this Thursday we get Dish Network and the return of GSN to my family's home!!! YAY!!!!!

combsisthebest:
I first heard about GSN during the Wheel and J! episodes. I got my first glimpse of GSN in 1999 and that was just a promo. In 2001 my cable company finally got with the digital program, and I had GSN on free preview, and I wish I had thought to record then. I kept getting it on Free Preview and started recording, every time they had the station on free preview. Finally about a week ago, I was able to expand to digital and I now have GSN.

HSquares2003:
I had heard of it when Gene Rayburn appeared on the Maury show in 1996. My cable company finally went digital in 2001, and I started getting GSN then

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version