Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rafferty CS  (Read 3707 times)

Combs Feud aficionado

Rafferty CS
« on: July 03, 2003, 09:18:53 PM »
I'm just wondering how much demand there is to see this on GSN again.  Personally, I am dying to see it (again.)  I know it's almost identical to Eubanks' edition, but I'm having a very difficult time remembering Rafferty's style as host.  What I really can't understand is how GSN hasn't found the time to air this in the last six years.  After all, \"Card Sharks\" is supposedly one of their most popular shows.  You would think they would want to take full advantage of all available episodes.  Perhaps it's because it only logged one year?  Anyway, I've always prefered the Eubanks/Rafferty episodes over the Perry episodes.  The Eubanks/Rafferty era had such a beautiful, colorful set and an exciting theme.  The additional features such as the educated guess and 10-person audience polling questions added a bit of flavor to the show and the car game was the icing on the cake.  Lacey Pemberton and Suzanna Williams were both very beautiful and quite enjoyable as the dealers/models.  Overall, the Eubanks/Rafferty era had more personality than the Perry era.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Rafferty CS
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 09:56:27 PM »
I was going to respond to this point by point, but I can write a much shorter post simply by saying I pretty much disagree with you on every single point. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MCArroyo1

Rafferty CS
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 10:36:02 PM »
What I really can't understand is how GSN hasn't found the time to air this in the last six years. After all, \"Card Sharks\" is supposedly one of their most popular shows.

Are you sure?  Card Sharks was off the schedule for a while, and it's always aired in the morning (as far as I know).

To respond to everything else, I agree that the Eubanks version was very good.  I don't think I could say that it was better than Perry's version, though.  Especially concerning the set and theme.