Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yet another game show looks for contestants  (Read 2182 times)

leszekp

Yet another game show looks for contestants
« on: March 31, 2004, 06:55:33 PM »
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/tfr/27764199.html

Looks like "On The Cover" (first proposed 4 years ago) may actually make it on the air.

DrBear

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 08:07:04 PM »
And after snooping around at that site a bit, i found this:

MTV is looking for HIP COUPLES for their new hit game show called "YOUR FACE OR MINE"!

If you think you and your partner have what it takes please give us a call. We are looking for all types of relationships, so don't be shy, give us a call!!

Hmmm....
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 08:13:30 PM »
[quote name=\'leszekp\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 06:55 PM\'] http://losangeles.craigslist.org/tfr/27764199.html

Looks like "On The Cover" (first proposed 4 years ago) may actually make it on the air. [/quote]
 How legitimate is this site that this was posted on?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

thgames65

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 08:29:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 08:13 PM\'][quote name=\'leszekp\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 06:55 PM\'] http://losangeles.craigslist.org/tfr/27764199.html

Looks like "On The Cover" (first proposed 4 years ago) may actually make it on the air. [/quote]
How legitimate is this site that this was posted on?[/quote]
The craigslist site is legit for many showbiz related postings.

I called the # and I have an audition time for next week.  They are being held at 6:30 PM at Glendale Studios on 4/6, 4/7, and 4/8.  After a test, mock game, and interview they will select contestants to tape in the last week of April.  They plan to premiere the show on PAX in May.

Tim

Brig Bother

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 07:37:23 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 01:07 AM\'] And after snooping around at that site a bit, i found this:

MTV is looking for HIP COUPLES for their new hit game show called "YOUR FACE OR MINE"!

If you think you and your partner have what it takes please give us a call. We are looking for all types of relationships, so don't be shy, give us a call!!

Hmmm.... [/quote]
 Oh, would this be based on the British show of the same name?

In it, a couple earn money by predicting who the audience thought was the better looking of two people which eventually end up being choices between one of the couple and somebody in their lives. The final bit is trying to guess who the audience think is better looking out of the two of them.

Not as awful as you'd think.

tommycharles

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 10:44:21 AM »
Boy, that just seems right for BBC1 Saturdays. But it's not the worst they've done (The Other Half, anyone?).

Brig Bother

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 04:45:26 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 03:44 PM\'] Boy, that just seems right for BBC1 Saturdays. But it's not the worst they've done (The Other Half, anyone?). [/quote]
 Channel 4!

The Other Half wasn't that bad.

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 04:54:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 07:37 AM\'][quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 01:07 AM\'] And after snooping around at that site a bit, i found this:

Hmmm.... [/quote]
Oh, would this be based on the British show of the same name?[/quote]
It is.

I recall an article from one of the wires about it a few months ago.  Some stand-up comic I never heard of was mentioned as the host.

tommycharles

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 05:11:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 04:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 03:44 PM\'] Boy, that just seems right for BBC1 Saturdays. But it's not the worst they've done (The Other Half, anyone?). [/quote]
Channel 4!

The Other Half wasn't that bad. [/quote]
 Ah. I stand corrected.

And TOH would have been ok if it were not for Dale "I'm going to be just a little bit camp ,in a non offending BBC kind of way" Winton.