Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Squares Tryouts?  (Read 3743 times)

vtown7

Squares Tryouts?
« on: July 01, 2003, 09:46:19 PM »
Hello all...

Just called the HS contestant lines in hopes of getting a tryout when I'm going to be in the area in two weeks.  After sitting through a long answering machine message... I was confused as what to do.  For out of towners (like me), do I need to leave a message, or should I just keep calling until I get someone?  Also, do they hold the tryouts at TV City or is it somewhere else?

Lastly... this may sounds bizarre, but what type of weather am I looking at in the middle night in LA this time of year?  My friend and I want to be at TPIR at the latest about 5 am in the morning, and I'm curious to say the least.  Plus, I'm guessing it's okay that I can bring a backpack to keep books, cards, snacks, etc. in to pass the time, and then they'll just check it at the door?

Thanks for all your help in this matter!

Cheers,

Ryan V.

catkins522

Squares Tryouts?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 10:40:40 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Jul 1 2003, 08:46 PM\'] what type of weather am I looking at in the middle night in LA this time of year?  My friend and I want to be at TPIR at the latest about 5 am in the morning, and I'm curious to say the least.  Plus, I'm guessing it's okay that I can bring a backpack to keep books, cards, snacks, etc. in to pass the time, and then they'll just check it at the door?
 [/quote]

What type of weather am I looking at in the middle night in LA this time of year?

Quite comfortable.  Lows in the mid 60s.  You may want to use a light jacket.

I'm guessing it's okay that I can bring a backpack to keep books, cards, snacks, etc. in to pass the time, and then they'll just check it at the door?

You can keep your backpack except for cameras, camcorders, audio equipment, and cell phones.  Trust me, when I was down there, people had backpacks, picnic baskets, sleeping bags, ect.  As long you can fit under your seat, you're fine.  If not, take it to your car/van/SUV.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

bricon

Squares Tryouts?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 01:19:36 AM »
Just called the HS contestant lines in hopes of getting a tryout when I'm going to be in the area in two weeks. After sitting through a long answering machine message... I was confused as what to do. For out of towners (like me), do I need to leave a message, or should I just keep calling until I get someone? Also, do they hold the tryouts at TV City or is it somewhere else?

Call and leave a message with your name and number a week before you arrive in town, make sure you mention what dates you're in Los Angeles.  The interviews are not held at CBS.

vtown7

Squares Tryouts?
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 07:12:18 AM »
Thanks for your help, folks.

I'm guessing that logistics that will probably prevent me then from seeing a 1.15 pm TPIR taping and then trying out for Squares in the same day, as they're not at the same place?  I'm only in town during a Sat-Tues morning block.  Or maybe I'm mistaken (I hope!)

Cheers,

Ryan V.

bricon

Squares Tryouts?
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 12:32:29 PM »
I'm guessing that logistics that will probably prevent me then from seeing a 1.15 pm TPIR taping and then trying out for Squares in the same day, as they're not at the same place?

Unless you can get an interview late in the afternoon (4pm), you should plan for those two events to be on two seperate days.

vtown7

Squares Tryouts?
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 08:22:28 PM »
Called HS today and got a call back very quickly.  Alas, there are no auditions scheduled for July 14th... when I'll be in town for TPIR.  Dan (contestant guy) was very nice on the phone. Somehow without the tryout though, I think I'll be okay visiting Bob and company!!

Thanks again for your help,

Ryan V.