Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Clean Clip of Wheel of Fortune Pilot Theme  (Read 9564 times)

ilb4ever2000

Clean Clip of Wheel of Fortune Pilot Theme
« on: July 03, 2003, 01:20:12 AM »
I managed to find a page with a clean clip of Maynard Ferguson's \"Give It One\" (which, of course, was used on the Edd Byrnes pilots) at this page:

http://www.trumpetboredom.com/required

That's if anyone's interested.

SplitSecond

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 01:42:39 AM »
Again, with apologies for having no access to a reputable provider with high/no bandwidth limits:

http://www.geocities.com/splitsecond1973/GiveItOne.mp3

Anyone want to host this one as well?

Kudos, as well, to DrBear, for identifying the tune.  To anyone who's brave enough to try some of that risky peer-to-peer file sharing, I'd recommend also downloading a full cut of Maynard Ferguson's rendition of \"Birdland\".  I think it would make a good Whew! theme, if not so dated.  The portion that would become the Gauntlet of Villains cue should be pretty self-evident, around the middle of the track.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2003, 01:45:07 AM by SplitSecond »

gsgalaxy82

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 08:49:39 AM »
Wow! Thanks, I had been looking all over the internet and stores seeing if any of his CD's carried this theme, and not only that, if they were actually in stock! COOL music!

David

DrBear

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 10:33:01 AM »
Wow! Thanks, I had been looking all over the internet and stores seeing if any of his CD's carried this theme, and not only that, if they were actually in stock! COOL music!

Heavens to murgatroyd, I may have started an MF Horn revival!
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Argo

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 02:54:50 PM »
I tried my luck and got it off Kazaa :-|. If anyone wants it, they can post or ill post it on one of the yahoo groups. BTW, ive also done an edit to the opening.

Also, wondering what the music is when Ed is telling us what the contestant won, at the end of the show. It fades out as he spins \"the wheel of fortune\" and then it goes into the theme.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 05:40:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Jul 3 2003, 01:54 PM\'] I tried my luck and got it off Kazaa :-|. If anyone wants it, they can post or ill post it on one of the yahoo groups. BTW, ive also done an edit to the opening.

Also, wondering what the music is when Ed is telling us what the contestant won, at the end of the show. It fades out as he spins "the wheel of fortune" and then it goes into the theme. [/quote]
 I just got it and the song is a hot mess.  Thank God they went with Thicke's theme.

Brandon Brooks

MCArroyo1

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 06:02:37 PM »
Well, I wouldn't call it a bad song by any means.  It just doesn't really fit on a game show.

Nobody could hum the theme!

Argo

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2003, 06:33:39 PM »
i dont really like the brass that much, some of it is ok but the  riff used for the opening on the opening, and (as i guess the contestant intros since it started after Susan was speaking) is pretty cool

davemackey

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2003, 11:54:56 PM »
I play in a big band, as you may know, and we have \"Give It One\". We played it just a few weeks ago. I heard the clip of the WOF pilot closing and I recognized the music as something we played.

jalman

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2003, 05:12:18 AM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jul 3 2003, 01:42 AM\'] Again, with apologies for having no access to a reputable provider with high/no bandwidth limits:

http://www.geocities.com/splitsecond1973/GiveItOne.mp3

Anyone want to host this one as well?

Kudos, as well, to DrBear, for identifying the tune.  To anyone who's brave enough to try some of that risky peer-to-peer file sharing, I'd recommend also downloading a full cut of Maynard Ferguson's rendition of "Birdland".  I think it would make a good Whew! theme, if not so dated.  The portion that would become the Gauntlet of Villains cue should be pretty self-evident, around the middle of the track. [/quote]
Muchos gracias.

\"Give It One\" is an odd fit for Wheel in almost any era.

Clarence

MitchJoseph2004

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2003, 11:03:46 AM »
It kinda reminds me of the lame excuses they've used for a theme song the past few years on Wheel.
I personally could see it as a theme on a game, but not WOF.

Mitch Joseph

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2003, 02:17:04 AM »
I think I am the only one that sees \"give it one\" an actual chance as the theme for WOF; and considering the crap I heard in the past 6 years (after the big band \"Changing Keys\", it all went south...I miss the Big Band theme), I miss having a great big band theme on WOF, and its better than the mess we've heard for 6 years!

-Dave

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2003, 02:27:24 AM »
I think I am the only one that sees \"give it one\" an actual chance as the theme for WOF;

Probably.  Now, it's an interesting song, but it's all over the place and seems messy.
and considering the crap I heard in the past 6 years (after the big band \"Changing Keys\", it all went south...I miss the Big Band theme),
And what a terrible theme that big band one was.  The one after that was the last good one, IMO.
I miss having a great big band theme on WOF, and its better than the mess we've heard for 6 years!
No, it isn't.

Brandon Brooks

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2003, 02:01:22 PM »
Coming in a little late here, but since we're talking about Wheel themes, does anyone happen to know where I could get my hands on Big Wheels?

Mike Tennant

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2003, 02:04:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 01:01 PM\']Coming in a little late here, but since we're talking about Wheel themes, does anyone happen to know where I could get my hands on Big Wheels?[/quote]
It's on the second Game Show Themes CD.