Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who Dares Wins is back?  (Read 7936 times)

whampyl03

Who Dares Wins is back?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »
According to tvgameshows.net

GSN is pulling Who Dares Wins, the Australian Fear Factor-style game, out of the mothballs to replace Funny Money Wednesdays at 11:30 p.m. (ET)

Am I the only one who thinks that GSN is taking a really bad risk here?  Last time I checked, this would be the third time that GSN is un-burying this show from the moth balls, and putting it on the schedule.  If I recall correctly, the first two times didn't do so well.  So my question is... Why is GSN taking this show out of the vaults when the last two times on the schedule it completely gassed?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Who Dares Wins is back?
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 09:14:54 PM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 06:50 PM\'] So my question is... Why is GSN taking this show out of the vaults when the last two times on the schedule it completely gassed? [/quote]
 Because I've had bowel movements that provided greater visual entertainment than Funny Money, and hey, they already paid for WDW.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

whampyl03

Who Dares Wins is back?
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 10:11:07 PM »
Because I've had bowel movements that provided greater visual entertainment than Funny Money, and hey, they already paid for WDW.

Although I haven't seen any of your bowel movements as of yet, I guess I'll take your word for it. (Not saying that I would want to see your bowel movements as of late, or of any time.  Trust me, I most definately do not.)

Call me crazy, but I think that Pardo wasn't half bad.  It was the format that was god-awful.  Slightly mixed feelings about seeing it go, though.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 10:22:16 PM by whampyl03 »

GS Warehouse

Who Dares Wins is back?
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 10:30:15 PM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 08:50 PM\'] ... Why is GSN taking this show out of the vaults when the last two times on the schedule it completely gassed? [/quote]
Because unlike the last two times, WDW now fits in better with GSN's new reality-based focus.  Personally, I'm not surprised by its return.

Note to Chris: I fear you may be giving some networks ideas for new programming.  TMI!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 10:30:35 PM by GS Warehouse »

willmorris

Who Dares Wins is back?
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2004, 01:50:32 AM »
I thought the contestant didn't automatically lose if he failed.  I remember one episode where he tried and failed, and they had Tania do it.  She succeeded, so no trip.

dzinkin

Who Dares Wins is back?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2004, 10:57:35 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 09:14 PM\'] Because I've had bowel movements that provided greater visual entertainment than Funny Money [/quote]
 Chris, I just saw my gastroenterologist today... he'd like to speak with you. :-)

Brandon Brooks

Who Dares Wins is back?
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2004, 01:30:06 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 25 2004, 10:57 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 09:14 PM\'] Because I've had bowel movements that provided greater visual entertainment than Funny Money [/quote]
Chris, I just saw my gastroenterologist today... he'd like to speak with you. :-) [/quote]
 Oh, wow.

Brandon Brooks

BrandonFG

Who Dares Wins is back?
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2004, 02:00:18 PM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 10:11 PM\']

Although I haven't seen any of your bowel movements as of yet, I guess I'll take your word for it. (Not saying that I would want to see your bowel movements as of late, or of any time.  Trust me, I most definately do not.)

Call me crazy, but I think that Pardo wasn't half bad.  It was the format that was god-awful.  Slightly mixed feelings about seeing it go, though. [/quote]
 Pardo was OK, but he needed to lay off the caffeine. The show had potential (then again, don't *all* game shows?), but it was horribly executed with unoriginal gameplay. It was like Make Me Laugh meets Hit Man meets Get the Picture, and a couple of other shows.

And no, I don't need to know which other shows Funny Money ripped off.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Red

Who Dares Wins is back?
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2004, 10:14:57 PM »
I watched it when it was on GSN awhile ago..and do agree that this is a better time for it to air..but I don't really care.
-Paul Ford

RedGiant@toonzone.net