Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Get Schooled Tour Aventura (Miami), FL  (Read 4066 times)

Timsterino

GSN Get Schooled Tour Aventura (Miami), FL
« on: March 27, 2004, 06:02:45 PM »
Hi all,

Let me preface this by saying it has been a long day. I did not even expect to get to the event since I had Substitute Teacher training all day. But the training ended at 3PM and I rushed over to the Aventura Mall. Once we got to the mall, Erika and I registered and put our tickets in the basket. Our names were called for the same round.

We were asked:

When it opened in 1937, Burdines Stadium (Now known as the Orange Bowl) originally had how many seats. I said 20,000 and Erika said 19,370. The correct response was around 23,000. Erika and I both got on stage and the first game we played against each other.

I won that game, Erika was a close second and I went on to the semi-finals. In the semi-finals, I earned the highest score and all of the sudden I was in the finals.

In the finals there were 20 questions. We were neck and neck the entire game. When Kurt Long read the last question I was down by 10 points. It was all or nothing and I took a chance and did not let Kurt finish this question:

Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife Maria Shriver is.....

I took a guess and said Kennedy. Of course when he finished the question it was apparent that I was wrong.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife Maria Shriver is what relation to John F. Kennedy. The answer is his niece.

No, I did not win the $10,000 for college or a trip to LA in the finals but I still had a great time and got some PS2 games for my troubles. Considering I just got there at 4PM, I considered myself lucky to even get on stage. The person who won is a law student who is currently working in a hospital.

It was a fun event and I encourage people to go if it comes to your city.

Tim :-)

vtown7

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 07:29:52 PM »
Tim,

Hard luck in the finals but well done to get there!

I'd go to the local event... hold on, no, I don't think they're coming to St. John's Newfoundland (only Canadian Idol did - but that's a story for another day!)

Congrats,

Ryan :)

Timsterino

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 11:39:41 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 08:29 PM\'] Tim,

Hard luck in the finals but well done to get there!

I'd go to the local event... hold on, no, I don't think they're coming to St. John's Newfoundland (only Canadian Idol did - but that's a story for another day!)

Congrats,

Ryan :) [/quote]
 Thanks, Ryan. I still had a great time. :-)

Who knows, if the guy who won can't go to LA for the taping the rules state the person with the second highest score would go in his place. That would be me. :-)

Tim :-) (Wishfully thinking ;-) )

Steve McClellan

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 01:52:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 08:39 PM\']Who knows, if the guy who won can't go to LA for the taping the rules state the person with the second highest score would go in his place. That would be me. :-)[/quote]
Good luck; I do hope that works out for you. Well, I hope you get to LA, at least. I can't really hope that you win though; my loyalties are with Albuquerque's winner. ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 01:53:11 AM by gameshowsteve »

Timsterino

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 02:21:53 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 02:52 AM\'] [quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 08:39 PM\']Who knows, if the guy who won can't go to LA for the taping the rules state the person with the second highest score would go in his place. That would be me. :-)[/quote]
Good luck; I do hope that works out for you. Well, I hope you get to LA, at least. I can't really hope that you win though; my loyalties are with Albuquerque's winner. ;) [/quote]
 Hey Steve,

Congrats! I doubt very much the guy will turn down a trip to be on the show. So I will be rooting for the Albuquerque winner too. :-)

Good luck to you and congrats on the $10K for school!

Tim :-)

Steve McClellan

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 02:54:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 11:21 PM\']I doubt very much the guy will turn down a trip to be on the show.[/quote]
Well, he could have some commitment he can't escape on that date (you'll know in a couple of days), though that'd probably be more likely on the Tour's later stops. But we can dream, can't we? I hope there's at least one other big game show fan there---it'd make the celebratory dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe a lot more fun. :)

So I will be rooting for the Albuquerque winner too. :-)

Good luck to you and congrats on the $10K for school!
Thanks! And, while I'm thinking of it, how was the competition there? I know you had two close games (even if you did inflict one of them upon yourself :-p). Were there a lot of good players? I was surprised to find that the New Mexican competition was severely lacking. No one even gave me much of a game---I was almost disappointed! (*Almost* being the key word there. :) )
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 02:55:00 AM by gameshowsteve »