Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another GSN annoyance  (Read 6691 times)

Winkfan

Another GSN annoyance
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 07:46:15 PM »
GSN, if you're reading this:

HIRE TAMMY WARNER AS GSN VOICEOVER NOW!!!!!

Seriously, those were pretty good. But, if you were hired. What would you do if they made you do one for Kenny vs. Spenny?

-Joe R.
Great Scott! GSN's doing enough promos for that show (and the rest of their new stuff) already! They'd only ask me to promote their 'pre-8:00pm EST' line-up. However, they'll probably also get complaints like, "Get that chick to shut up about PYL already! I can't hear the Password theme over her prattle!" or "I wanna hear Johnny Olson/Bern Bennett/Jack Clark/John Cannon; not what's-her-face!"

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Janice Pennington of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:59:41 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

trainman

Another GSN annoyance
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2004, 09:12:12 PM »
When I was an intern at the UPN affiliate in Chicago in 1996, among my duties was writing episodic voiceover promos...e.g., "Mitch is in hot water on 'Baywatch,' next on UPN Power 50."  They were vetted by the promotions director before they actually got recorded and went on the air, but still, the fact that this is something they had interns do should tell you how highly esteemed the art of writing voiceover promos is in television land.

Actually, when I watched SoapNet for the first time last week, to see if my closed captions were properly showing up on their "Days of Our Lives" same-day repeats, I was a little surprised to discover that they did only a voiceover promo during the closing credits.
trainman is a man of trains

familyfeudfan

Another GSN annoyance
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2004, 08:27:35 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 11:07 PM\'] I miss Winnie

-Joe R. [/quote]
We all do.

Brakus

Another GSN annoyance
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2004, 03:14:47 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 05:07 PM\'] I had noticed it with the changeover and commented that it's similar to the "break bumpers" European channels run in and out of commercial breaks, even down to the one-second length and no sound. [/quote]
 The break bumpers are properly called "eye catches". Back when FX was fX, they did a little eye catch with the fX box coming out of a commercial break.

Seems that GSN is trying to do a little eyecatch to pad out the end-of-show time, but considering that all it is is their spiffy new logo, it isn't much of an eyecatching thing to fill time.
"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. THAT is the secret of life." -- Iskandar, King of Conquerors (Fate/Zero, Fate/GO)