Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire to WABC  (Read 11118 times)

zachhoran

Millionaire to WABC
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2003, 11:51:18 AM »
I think Caroline(or is it Wayne Brady, one of the two, I think Caroline) is finito, as is The Other Half, and Jenny Jones, and maybe LIfe Moments as well.

uncamark

Millionaire to WABC
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2003, 12:26:58 PM »
Is there any other half-hour non-game shows coming this Fall, anyway?

I believe that \"Starting Over,\" the new Bunim/Murray reality show that's shooting here in Chicago, is a half-hour--and I could be more specific, except that it looks like one of the entrants in that hackers' contest that's supposedly going on today has gotten ahold of the NBC Media Village site.

inturnaround

Millionaire to WABC
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2003, 12:36:57 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 08:49 AM\'] Wonder what KYW will fill the 4PM EST hour with(assuming they didn't give up the rights to air Pyramid in Philly, and keep Pyramid at 4:30PM this Fall), as there's no other new half hour syndie game show. I would hope Pyramid doesn't end up in late night on KYW like Weakest Link has this year.

[/quote]
 Well, I've read that KYW is looking at launching a 4PM newscast to compete with Oprah and NBC10's news because of their recent acquisition of Larry Mendte. Larry, if you recall, successfully launched WCAU's 4PM news.

As for Pyramid, I'd say that it will probably go to UPN57. It seems that's where most of KYW's castoffs seem to go.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

tommycharles

Millionaire to WABC
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2003, 12:49:22 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 10:51 AM\'] I think Caroline(or is it Wayne Brady, one of the two, I think Caroline) is finito, as is The Other Half, and Jenny Jones, and maybe LIfe Moments as well. [/quote]
 Caroline is gone, but I'm pretty sure that Wayne Brady is coming back - he didn't do badly in the ratings, considering he only had about a 50% clearance.

tommycharles

Millionaire to WABC
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2003, 12:51:19 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jul 2 2003, 02:18 PM\']
They are actually owned by ABC. They were formerly WFIL-TV, the birthplace of American Bandstand [/quote]
 Here's a question -- if a network bought all its stations, could we bid syndication goodbye, and get nationalized 24hr schedules, like most of England has?

inturnaround

Millionaire to WABC
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2003, 01:05:25 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 11:51 AM\'] [quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jul 2 2003, 02:18 PM\']
They are actually owned by ABC. They were formerly WFIL-TV, the birthplace of American Bandstand [/quote]
Here's a question -- if a network bought all its stations, could we bid syndication goodbye, and get nationalized 24hr schedules, like most of England has? [/quote]
 Well, AFAIK, the networks are limited to how much of the nation's top stations they can own. However, the current feeling is that the FCC will do anything to please the broadcasters. That being said, it would cost way too much money for the mother network to buy all the affiliates, even if they wanted to.

I mean, there are many small market stations that don't make a lot of money. It really wouldn't be worth Disney or GE's time.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

ChuckNet

Millionaire to WABC
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2003, 06:59:04 PM »
Hopefully WABC will treat the credits w/a little more respect than WCBS...for the past few mos, the latter's been completely clipping the audio and often reducing the credits to a fraction of their size during Dr. Phil and WWtBaM to get in a promo for their 4:30 news.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")