The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Millionaire to WABC

<< < (2/5) > >>

ChuckNet:

--- Quote ---\"Millionaire\" had been on WCBS, but the time slot is being occupied in the fall with \"The People's Court\", moving over from Channel 4.
--- End quote ---

...and by doing so, it now becomes one of the few series to air, at one point or another, on 5 of NY's 6 VHF stations.

ObGameShow: FF and Pyramid also hold this honor (FF airing on every station except WPIX [Ch. 11] and Pyramid on every one except WNYW [Ch. 5]), and both LMaD and TTTT hold the rare distinction of airing on all 6.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

dfmock:
With \"Millionaire\" going back to WABC-TV, it'll be a nice little point of distinction for those of us Noo Yawkers: From 7 am to 4 p.m., all but two of the shows on the weekday schedule will actually be produced in New York -- the exception being Wayne Brady's talk-musicfest and \"General Hospital.\"

Considering the attrition of production here since i've been watching TV, you take what you can get.

Re the WPVI reference: Philly's Channel 6 is not only the birthplace of \"Bandstand,\" but of the \"Action News\" format -- and Al Hamm's thundering \"Move Closer To Your World\" theme music that has been part of it almost continuously since. (Stations like our own WPIX and New Haven's WTNH followed suit in the 1970s.)

From what I once read, WPVI tried to change the music a couple of years ago and there was so much bad feedback that Channel 6 reversed itself.

D

zachhoran:
WPVI was slow to go from a stationary weather forecast map to a Chyroned one as I recall, slow to go to electronic graphics, and slow to let Jim Gardner take an early retirement LOL

DrBear:
[quote name=\'dfmock\' date=\'Jul 7 2003, 08:08 PM\']
From what I once read, WPVI tried to change the music a couple of years ago and there was so much bad feedback that Channel 6 reversed itself.

D[/quote]
Taking this thunderously off topic...

They didn't really try to change the music, just the arrangement; a more orchestral version, a bit softer without the screaming chorus. As you noted, it flopped like a dead mackerel.

Brandon Brooks:
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jul 2 2003, 11:33 AM\'] "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" is set to move to its old home, WABC, in New York City. The move would take effect upon the cancellation of "Port Charles" and the show will move into the 12:30 p.m. time slot.
 [/quote]
 Why would such a successful show be relagated to such a mediocre spot beats me.

Brandon Brooks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version