The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Millionaire to WABC

<< < (3/5) > >>

ChuckNet:

--- Quote ---Re the WPVI reference: Philly's Channel 6 is not only the birthplace of \"Bandstand,\" but of the \"Action News\" format -- and Al Hamm's thundering \"Move Closer To Your World\" theme music that has been part of it almost continuously since. (Stations like our own WPIX and New Haven's WTNH followed suit in the 1970s.)
--- End quote ---

One of the all-time best local news themes, IMO...although the same era's \"Streets of...\" from rival Philly station KYW (used during the mid-to-late 70s) was also a memorable one.

--- Quote ---From what I once read, WPVI tried to change the music a couple of years ago and there was so much bad feedback that Channel 6 reversed itself.
--- End quote ---

As it should be...and I might add that MCTYW was reinstated as the theme after a mere 3 days, so that must've been some strong feedback they recieved.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

davemackey:
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jul 2 2003, 12:09 PM\'] Hmm, I wonder if the same will happen with the Philadelphia ABC O&O WPVI. They'll have the hole left by PC's cancellation. Currently KYW (CBS) airs WWTBAM at 4PM before Pyramid. If it leaves, I wonder what will fill the hole. [/quote]
 To bring this back around to topic, yes, Millionaire is moving to Channel 6 in the fall, and will also be on at 12:30 p.m.

aaron sica:
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jul 7 2003, 11:14 PM\']
To bring this back around to topic, yes, Millionaire is moving to Channel 6 in the fall, and will also be on at 12:30 p.m. [/quote]
 Which of course means that still, for most of the broadcast day, except for local news, WPVI and WABC will have the exact same programming(barring any other daytime schedule changes, which I don't see happening)..

zachhoran:
Wonder what KYW will fill the 4PM EST hour with(assuming they didn't give up the rights to air Pyramid in Philly, and keep Pyramid at 4:30PM this Fall), as there's no other new half hour syndie game show. I would hope Pyramid doesn't end up in late night on KYW like Weakest Link has this year.
Is there any other half-hour non-game shows coming this Fall, anyway?

Millionaire moving to WPVI will be the first daily syndie game show other than WOF and J! that the station has aired since 1986(when they aired the first half-season of Rafferty Card Sharks)

Jimmy Owen:
I live in a market with an ABC O&O (Flint, MI) and they currently run Judge Judy and WWTBAM from 4-5.  Judy and Joe Brown run from 7-8.  My station could move either WWTBAM or the second Joe Brown (currently at 2:35a) into the 12:30pm slot and the other at 4:30pm.  Pyramid runs at 2:05am (it started the season at 4pm) but since it had its chance in daytime I don't think the station will schedule it at 12:30pm.  They have three talk shows Regis at 9, Wayne Brady at 10 (which could move to 4) and Caroline at 1:05am (Is that returning?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version