The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Millionaire to WABC

(1/5) > >>

davemackey:
\"Who Wants To Be A Millionaire\" is set to move to its old home, WABC, in New York City. The move would take effect upon the cancellation of \"Port Charles\" and the show will move into the 12:30 p.m. time slot.

Meredith Vieira's two shows are separated by Channel 7's noon Eyewitness News.

\"Millionaire\" had been on WCBS, but the time slot is being occupied in the fall with \"The People's Court\", moving over from Channel 4.

inturnaround:
Hmm, I wonder if the same will happen with the Philadelphia ABC O&O WPVI. They'll have the hole left by PC's cancellation. Currently KYW (CBS) airs WWTBAM at 4PM before Pyramid. If it leaves, I wonder what will fill the hole.

SRIV94:
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jul 2 2003, 12:09 PM\']Hmm, I wonder if the same will happen with the Philadelphia ABC O&O WPVI. They'll have the hole left by PC's cancellation. Currently KYW (CBS) airs WWTBAM at 4PM before Pyramid. If it leaves, I wonder what will fill the hole.[/quote]
Each O&O is different, so it's at their own discretion as to whether to pick up WWTBAM.  For the record, Chicago's WLS is not picking up the show--although it is moving this fall from CBS-owned WBBM to WGN (Chicago-area feed only, not the superstation)--meaning that not all ABC O&O's will be picking up the show (that doesn't mean that WPVI won't pick it up).

Is WPVI actually owned and operated by Disney/ABC or are they merely affiliated with the alphabet network?

Doug

inturnaround:
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jul 2 2003, 12:52 PM\'] Is WPVI actually owned and operated by Disney/ABC or are they merely affiliated with the alphabet network?
 [/quote]
 They are actually owned by ABC. They were formerly WFIL-TV, the birthplace of American Bandstand (nee Bandstand)

Radiofreewill:
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jul 2 2003, 12:52 PM\']Is WPVI actually owned and operated by Disney/ABC or are they merely affiliated with the alphabet network?[/quote]
IIRC, WPVI was owned by Capital Cities and became an ABC O&O upon the parent company's acquisition of the network.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version