Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Theme info  (Read 3983 times)

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
Theme info
« on: July 02, 2003, 12:44:42 AM »
A while ago, I heard a capture of the end credits for LMAD (Canada) from the late 70's/early 80's.  I like that theme!  Very good work on that theme.  Who composed it? Is it in circulation these days?

Matthew
--Matt

zachhoran

Theme info
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 08:02:19 AM »
SHeldon Allman or Stan Worth I believe composed that LMAD80 theme.

PeterMarshallFan

Theme info
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 10:22:07 AM »
I don't think it's in circulation, but it did sound like the work of Stan Worth.

zachhoran

Theme info
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 10:26:17 AM »
Worth died in a plane crash within a year of LMAD80 and Las Vegas Gambit's premiere. Those were the last two game show themes he was responsible for.

BrandonFG

Theme info
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 10:27:03 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jul 2 2003, 09:22 AM\'] I don't think it's in circulation, but it did sound like the work of Stan Worth. [/quote]
Not so much circulation, but at the Game Show Concert last year. But, didn't Stan Worth die right before LMaD hit the air, unless this was a composition he did during the Vegas era?

Never mind....Zach answered my question before I hit send.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 10:27:52 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

Theme info
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 10:38:29 AM »
The LMAD80 theme wasn't heard on the Vegas episodes. It was recycled for LMAD84-86(a portion of the theme anyway) for the teasers midway during the final commercial break where Brian or Dean said \"THe Big Deal is coming up next\", or when they did the ticket plus.

mparrish11

Theme info
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 10:49:23 PM »
I found this site today that \"claims\" to have his works (says Mr. Worth's wife gave him the music).

He says he has no way to post/distribute/or screen the music....sounds like a bunch of bull to me......

Click Here
--Matt

zachhoran

Theme info
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 11:21:57 PM »
Considering that some of the Worthian music found its way to the Game Show Concert of John Chartier last year, that sounds like bullfunky to me.

Robair

Theme info
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2003, 05:21:31 AM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' date=\'Jul 18 2003, 09:49 PM\'] I found this site today that \"claims\" to have his works (says Mr. Worth's wife gave him the music).

He says he has no way to post/distribute/or screen the music....sounds like a bunch of bull to me......

Click Here [/quote]
It's an interesting site only that you get to see the titles of all the compositions for Worth. But their attitude towards sharing game show music is especially poor; as one of the first proponents of getting this music out to the people (before you could effortlessly post mp3's to a website), it's my opinion that they could at least post snippets of the music so people can get some idea of what it sounds like. And this could also help identify the many \"unknown\" items in their collection.

There's also the possibililty that they may not have the music tied up, and it may just be a big old hoax.

But yeah, there's some obscure stuff in there, and we haven't had any major adds to the circuit in about a year...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 05:23:30 AM by Robair »
--Robair

tvrandywest

Theme info
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2003, 09:04:41 AM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' date=\'Jul 18 2003, 09:49 PM\']I found this site today that \"claims\" to have his works
Click Here[/quote]
It's real.

I met the guy behind the site and the preservation effort. We spent the better part of a day together a year or two ago on one of his visits to LA. He works in a different end of the entertainment industry, but knows a number of people in the game show and TV production communities.

While his interest in the music may have started because he's a fan at heart, I believe his efforts to collect and preserve the material are sincere. As such, I contributed some choice game show music to his collection.

It's not about trading and posting, in part because he isn't the copyright owner of the music. I believe he discusses this issue somewhere on the site.

Randy
tvrandywest.com

mparrish11

Theme info
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2003, 12:01:38 PM »
I'm a convinced man now!  Thank you, Randy, for stepping in and clearing this up!  :-)

I'd do about anything to get my hands (ears actually) on that LMaD music from 1979!!!!!!!

Matthew
--Matt

tvrandywest

Theme info
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2003, 12:25:18 PM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 11:01 AM\'] I'd do about anything to get my hands (ears actually) on that LMaD music from 1979!!!!!!!

[/quote]
 Oh, I'd also love to run barefoot through his collection!

But I gotta respect that while he may be a fan, the purpose of his endeavor is not about dubbing and trading. I think that's part of what helps him have the credibility to pry the works from the composers and their families.

Randy
tvrandywest.com