Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marshall HSQ?  (Read 5707 times)

1978-Jeopardy

Marshall HSQ?
« on: March 17, 2004, 06:39:07 AM »
Should I give it another week? I heard before that when GSN (now GSN) stopped airing it the first time, they had no plans to bring it back.

Oh well, at least I have Tvland to appease my classic tv favorites. If TV fails, I'll simply enjoy my other favorite hobby: reading. At least when I read "The Stranger" there wont be a little black bug at the bottom of the page :D :D :D :D :D :D

Don Howard

Marshall HSQ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 06:49:10 AM »
[quote name=\'1978-Jeopardy\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 06:39 AM\'] Should I give it another week? I heard before that when GSN (now GSN) stopped airing it the first time, they had no plans to bring it back.

Oh well, at least I have Tvland to appease my classic tv favorites. If TV fails, I'll simply enjoy my other favorite hobby: reading. At least when I read "The Stranger" there wont be a little black bug at the bottom of the page :D :D :D :D :D :D [/quote]
First of all, good for you pursuing the reading hobby. With spring about to hit, going outside and reading a good book is one of my favorite things, too.
TV Land shows some goodies from the past, but it's nowhere near the classic
haven it once was when Mannix, Cannon, That Girl, Burke's Law and other
favorites got regular airplay. It's still one of the better channels, however.
The only place I'd expect to see The Hollywood Squares starring Peter
Marshall again is on your VCR. Hope you taped 'em.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 06:49:57 AM by Don Howard »

urbanpreppie05

Marshall HSQ?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 08:56:47 AM »
Has any OFFICIAL statement been made about Hollywood Squares expring or not? If it is, please make a fool of me, cause I haven't seen one.
insert signature here

AH3RD

Marshall HSQ?
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 10:37:07 AM »
[quote name=\'1978-Jeopardy\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 06:39 AM\'] Should I give it another week? I heard before that when GSN (now GSN) stopped airing it the first time, they had no plans to bring it back.

Oh well, at least I have Tvland to appease my classic tv favorites. If TV fails, I'll simply enjoy my other favorite hobby: reading. At least when I read "The Stranger" there wont be a little black bug at the bottom of the page :D :D :D :D :D :D [/quote]
 Let's see now...the original Game Show Network has lasted exactly 9 years, 2 months, 15 days and 20 hours. Never even survived to reach its 10th Anniversary in December.

A good thing most of their reality programs are weekly.
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

GS Warehouse

Marshall HSQ?
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 02:00:14 PM »
[quote name=\'1978-Jeopardy\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 06:39 AM\'] ... At least when I read "The Stranger" there wont be a little black bug at the bottom of the page :D :D :D :D :D :D [/quote]
 I like the Dilbert books better than the Dilbert TV series, for reasons besides bugs.

uncamark

Marshall HSQ?
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 06:10:05 PM »
[quote name=\'1978-Jeopardy\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 06:39 AM\']Should I give it another week? I heard before that when GSN (now GSN) stopped airing it the first time, they had no plans to bring it back.[/quote]
Once again--the webmasters made a mistake on a page that wasn't even supposed to be seen by the public.  The original "Hollywood Squares" is long gone from GSN and will probably not be back.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Marshall HSQ?
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 07:29:08 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 04:10 PM\'] Once again--the webmasters made a mistake on a page that wasn't even supposed to be seen by the public.  The original "Hollywood Squares" is long gone from GSN and will probably not be back. [/quote]
 Ah, but how is it a mistake, if the page was never intended for public consumption in the first place? ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

1978-Jeopardy

Marshall HSQ?
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 07:32:01 PM »
Once again--the webmasters made a mistake on a page that wasn't even supposed to be seen by the public. The original "Hollywood Squares" is long gone from GSN and will probably not be back.

Then I'll simply switch to All In The Family.

TV Land shows some goodies from the past, but it's nowhere near the classic
haven it once was when Mannix, Cannon, That Girl, Burke's Law and other
favorites got regular airplay.

I'm starting to miss Maude and The Mary Tyler Moore Show. I never thought they would get rid of those shows!

As long as I have TV land and the hallmark channel (solely for M*A*S*H and previously Gomer Pyle) I'm happy. Books never change, however, so I'll be reading a lot, as I always do come summer time. Any suggestions?

I like the Dilbert books better than the Dilbert TV series, for reasons besides bugs.

Agreed. Dilbert is a hilarious comic, but a horrible television series. Dogbert's a riot.

whampyl03

Marshall HSQ?
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 12:02:47 AM »
Agreed. Dilbert is a hilarious comic, but a horrible television series. Dogbert's a riot.

I don't know... The Dilbert television program always gives me a few chuckles, but the comic is a good ol-fashioned gut-busting good time.