Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The TPIR '94 theme  (Read 5844 times)

urbanpreppie05

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2003, 11:48:02 PM »
If I may interject something here (and keep in mind that I am one of those most vehemently opposed to updating the show's music): it wouldn't be so bad if most of the new cues we've heard so far didn't absolutely suck! If they can get some new cues that actually sound good, then by all means, they should bring 'em in.

See that's the thing..they don't suck. At least not all of them. There are quite a few ones that sound really good. (I'll admit-the showcase cues and the GP music need work) but I think some of the new cues can and should stay. But then again, it is a matter of opinion.
insert signature here

Steve Gavazzi

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2003, 01:53:44 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 4 2003, 11:48 PM\']
If I may interject something here (and keep in mind that I am one of those most vehemently opposed to updating the show's music): it wouldn't be so bad if most of the new cues we've heard so far didn't absolutely suck! If they can get some new cues that actually sound good, then by all means, they should bring 'em in.

See that's the thing..they don't suck. At least not all of them. There are quite a few ones that sound really good. (I'll admit-the showcase cues and the GP music need work) but I think some of the new cues can and should stay. But then again, it is a matter of opinion. [/quote]
 You're right -- they don't all suck.  There were a few cues here and there that were pretty fair, and the car cue in (I think) Dice Game on the 4th MDS was fantastic.  Most of them, though, just didn't fit the show.  At least we can agree that that grocery music was totally out of place, if nothing else.

And Brandon, while I'll admit that there are a few cues that I'm just plain used to that really aren't so great, most of them I genuinely like and would give just about anything to have full versions of.