Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The TPIR '94 theme  (Read 5890 times)

edholland83

The TPIR '94 theme
« on: July 01, 2003, 11:38:20 PM »
After listening to the Million Dollar Specials COD, I think it would go well with the '94 theme, and since it would be only for the nighttime specials, I wouldn't think that it would be enough to cause an outrage to casual fans

I in no way think that this should replace the current theme on a full-time basis, I just wanted to get the opinion on whether it would fit for the nighttime specials

MitchJoseph2004

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 11:49:06 PM »
Never thought of that, sounds good to me.........

Jimmy Owen

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 12:02:56 AM »
I prefer the original 1972 theme for the primetime shows, but maybe they could use some of the 94 package as bumpers.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TV Favorites

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 01:40:45 PM »
I think it's a pretty good idea...in fact when I was bored a few days back, I played announcer with the MDS Come on Down followed by the Price '94 theme.  Sounded pretty good.

Actually, it doesn't sound right to me (I wasn't around when TPiR used the original Come on Down Music from '72) if I don't hear the regular Come On Down with the TPiR theme.  It seems the MDS music and the '94 Price fits better together.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 02:13:12 PM by TV Favorites »

Steve Gavazzi

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 02:00:31 PM »
Personally, I hate the TNPiR'94 theme, and I'm not a big fan of the MDS Come on Down music, either (I usually blare Walking over it with my computer).  I think this is an awful idea.

That said, I don't believe I've ever said anything good about anything related to TNPiR'94, so I'm probably not the best person to listen to on this matter.

Kevin Prather

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 02:57:26 PM »
when i heard the MDS walking music play, i almost expected to hear the '94 theme. That really worried me.

While it would go well together, i don't think it's a good idea. the good theme song will do.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 03:54:19 PM »
[quote name=\'edholland83\' date=\'Jul 1 2003, 08:38 PM\'] I in no way think that this should replace the current theme on a full-time basis, I just wanted to get the opinion on whether it would fit for the nighttime specials [/quote]
 As one of the few people here who thought the only major problem with TnPIR '94 was the gimp they had at the helm of the whole shebang, I think reintroducing the theme would be a fine step towards modernizing the show the way some people think it needs to be for the post-Barker era.

It's funny. You rarely hear anyone gripe about the updated version of the $otC theme, but really, when the relationship between those themes is compared to the relationship between the TPiR themes, I think you'll find more similarities than differences. And yet people cry holy hell over the possibility of changing any of TPiR's music.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SplitSecond

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 04:09:18 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that even the 1994 theme sounds dated by now?

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 07:50:07 PM »
My own two cents:
If they're gonna experiement with the '94 theme, the place to do it is in the ticket plug after the first SCSD.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Brandon Brooks

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2003, 03:56:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 2 2003, 02:54 PM\'] As one of the few people here who thought the only major problem with TnPIR '94 was the gimp they had at the helm of the whole shebang, I think reintroducing the theme would be a fine step towards modernizing the show the way some people think it needs to be for the post-Barker era.
 [/quote]
 Well, hell.  I'm of the mindset that the TPIR set and music needs a complete modernization.  It'll happen sooner or later, and I hope it's sooner.

urbanpreppie05

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2003, 11:18:44 PM »
Well, hell. I'm of the mindset that the TPIR set and music needs a complete modernization. It'll happen sooner or later, and I hope it's sooner.

You aren't the only one...I am all for the slow modernizations their doing to the show (look for about 50% new music this year!) and you should see how I get lambasted on the PIR message boards. All in good fun though!
insert signature here

Steve Gavazzi

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 3 2003, 11:18 PM\']
Well, hell. I'm of the mindset that the TPIR set and music needs a complete modernization. It'll happen sooner or later, and I hope it's sooner.

You aren't the only one...I am all for the slow modernizations their doing to the show (look for about 50% new music this year!) and you should see how I get lambasted on the PIR message boards. All in good fun though! [/quote]
 If I may interject something here (and keep in mind that I am one of those most vehemently opposed to updating the show's music):  it wouldn't be so bad if most of the new cues we've heard so far didn't absolutely suck!  If they can get some new cues that actually sound good, then by all means, they should bring 'em in.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2003, 06:52:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jul 4 2003, 02:57 PM\'] it wouldn't be so bad if most of the new cues we've heard so far didn't absolutely suck!  If they can get some new cues that actually sound good, then by all means, they should bring 'em in. [/quote]
 This is something I just don't understand.

Aside from the main theme, who the hell CARES what music is played behind the description of a bedroom set?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2003, 08:32:44 PM »
Aside from the main theme, who the hell CARES what music is played behind the description of a bedroom set?

I think it's just an issue where people are comfortable with music they have heard seemingly forever. Combine that with the test cues that weren't that good, and most people don't like change (just like in life in general), and there you have people not happy with this \"update\"

It's just another part of the show that people like.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2003, 08:33:17 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Brandon Brooks

The TPIR '94 theme
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2003, 11:46:10 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 4 2003, 07:32 PM\']

I think it's just an issue where people are comfortable with music they have heard seemingly forever. Combine that with the test cues that weren't that good, and most people don't like change (just like in life in general), and there you have people not happy with this "update"

It's just another part of the show that people like. [/quote]
 Besides, some of that original music is horrible.  It just sounds familiar, and that's why many like it.

Brandon Brooks