Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New end-of-show promos..  (Read 6758 times)

zachhoran

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2004, 12:40:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 12:16 PM\']
They get the shows that they air, sent to them. I guess the company that sends out the tapes(I assume it to be Buena Vista), added in the do not call thing themselves.

It's possible.  Just before "Millionaire" joined GSN, there was news that they were "re-editing" the shows.  The "do not call" bug is probably part of the re-editing. [/quote]
 That kind of re-editing was done by Sandy Frank and Co. when Lange NTT was put in reruns. When the month of shows from November 1984 featuring the home viewer sweepstakes was shown in reruns, there'd be a graphic saying "Recorded earlier, this contest is no longer current"

uncamark

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2004, 06:13:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 11:00 PM\'][quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 10:27 PM\'] Someone complained in another thread about how they aired enough promos during the credits during World Series of Blackjack to make the credits stay unreadable during the entire crawl.  My response: it could be worse.  I was fully expecting generic credits, like other networks use.  Secondly, think about this: casual viewers couldn't care less who WSoBj's gaffer is.  H***, most of us who aren't in the biz don't even know what a gaffer is! [/quote]
You would think the unions involved would force the nets to make the credits readable.  Yes, no one except the gaffer and his family cares if his name is on there, but why have credits at all if they cannot be read?[/quote]
1.  A lot of the original shows, past and present, don't use union crews.

2.  I sort of brought this up on another board and was told that the unions don't like it, but have other irons in the fire that are of a higher importance, like wages, benefits, working conditions, etc.  Credits appearance is strictly a low priority--and I have the feeling that the average technician doesn't really care if his mother can read his name at the end of the show, as long as he gets his pay check and health insurance benefits.

Winkfan

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2004, 06:40:51 PM »
I, too, think this new way of 'credt-crunching' is going too far. At least Black & White Overnight is still being spared this; and that's the only reason I'm still hanging on. But if we know GSN, it won't be long before even B&WO finally becomes a victim of the 'credt-crunch!'

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Nancy Myers of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 10:49:29 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

MaryM7643

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2004, 06:56:27 PM »
I have a feeling the "credit crunches" will get worse. First, the split screens, then the two boxes with the green background. At that point, I didn't think it could get any worse, but it did. I wonder what they'll think of next.  :'(

TonicBH

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2004, 12:06:53 AM »
Something close to the things the big networks do with credits for more shows nowadays, put all the credits on a list to the left or right with promos of various shows until the credits complete.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

Jimmy Owen

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2004, 04:00:52 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 06:13 PM\'] Credits appearance is strictly a low priority--and I have the feeling that the average technician doesn't really care if his mother can read his name at the end of the show, as long as he gets his pay check and health insurance benefits. [/quote]
 You're probably right, but if I ever worked on a show, I'd like the credit. That way you can prove you did indeed work on the show.  Remember the NBC clips specials? A good number of folks on the old newsgroup contributed (I did not) but only a couple of people were singled out by name for that network credit simply by being at the top and bottom of the contributor's list.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2004, 09:04:59 AM »
You're probably right, but if I ever worked on a show, I'd like the credit. That way you can prove you did indeed work on the show.

The first few times I saw my name on a show's credits it was a big deal, but after a while I'd seen it so many times I just checked occasionally to make sure it was spelled right!

It's a shame that TV has come to this though.  I've always been a credit-watcher, whether it's game shows, sitcoms, or even theatrical movies.  Whenever my wife and I see a movie in the theatre, we're always the last two there because I'm watching every credit, and everyone else has left!

In the old days it was neat to just "clap" along to the theme song, or even watch the names go by.  I miss that.  At least with TVLand they still have the theme audio in the background.  This is something I wish GSN would do - if they have to run the promos, fine, but at least leave the audio of the show that's ending in the backgroud.  

How long do you think it will be before we don't even get the 20% screen shot of the close?  I could see them cutting out right after the hosts goodbye eventually.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

gameshowguy2000

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2004, 11:48:57 AM »
I'll say. These split-screens are getting annoying.

Can't they do their promos in the background, like they did in the old days? That would be SO MUCH EASIER.