Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Kenny v. Spenny" reviewed...  (Read 3824 times)

uncamark

"Kenny v. Spenny" reviewed...
« on: March 18, 2004, 04:54:25 PM »
Forthcoming game show book author/Hollywood Reporter critic Ray Richmond deals with the new GSN whatever from the Great White North, eh?

Great closer:  "But you get the nagging feeling while watching that the show somehow got lost on the way to Spike TV."

tyshaun1

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 05:48:57 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 18 2004, 04:54 PM\'] Forthcoming game show book author/Hollywood Reporter critic Ray Richmond deals with the new GSN whatever from the Great White North, eh?

Great closer:  "But you get the nagging feeling while watching that the show somehow got lost on the way to Spike TV." [/quote]
 Ya know, after reading that review, this show reminds me of one of G4's long since gone shows, called "Game On". It also featured 2 guys who competed against each other with video-game-based stunts, with the loser having to do something humiliating, like taking a dead fish out to dinner, or dressing up as a woman and going out on the town. That show lasted 12 episodes before G4 canceled it.  If this type of format was short lived on a 15 million sub based, non-rated network, how long do you think it'' last on a 53 mil, 10 year old network? Bueller? Bueller?........

Tyshaun

vtown7

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 06:59:06 PM »
It's kind of scary to think up here the CBC aims it at kids... but there you go.

However I was on a tv show last year with one of the director's of photography, and he was nice, so I can't really complain too much.

Cheers,

Ryan :)