Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New end-of-show promos..  (Read 7207 times)

digiblader

New end-of-show promos..
« on: March 16, 2004, 07:18:28 PM »
I was watching LMAD today, and was particularly annoyed that they shrank the show to a 1/9th window(or something like that) and aired their promos until the show ended! That's terrible.

Only one day, and I'm already angered at those new promos of GSN. Please let us at least see those little deals Monty Hall does at the end of every LMAD ep.!

adamjk

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 07:27:15 PM »
Well, it's annoying, but it could be worse. At least, Combs Feud has the closings included.

zachhoran

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 07:37:37 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 07:27 PM\'] Well, it's annoying, but it could be worse. At least, Combs Feud has the closings included. [/quote]
 Early in the run of Combs Feud(CBS and SYndie), they didn't have contestant phone number graphics on screen when Ray did his goodbye. That will change about a year into the run. When the phone number graphics appear on the screen, GSN will cut out the goodbye.

adamjk

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 07:52:24 PM »
Ah, never knew that. I still don't understand why GSN couldn't just do what they do, when Millionaire is on. Put up a do not call graphic over the number. It can't be that hard, I think I will give them a call and suggest they do this.

adamjk

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 08:12:45 PM »
Well, I called and made the suggestion. I also cited the Millionaire show and the fact that they use a do not call graphic for that show. When I asked why they couldn't do the same for all the rest of the shows they have, I was told that GSN doesn't really have the rights to Millionaire. They get the shows that they air, sent to them. I guess the company that sends out the tapes(I assume it to be Buena Vista), added in the do not call thing themselves. As for why they don't do it for any of the other shows they have, the person who I spoke with, didn't really have an answer. She said she would be glad to pass on the suggestion to the programming department. I tried to speak with someone from the programming department, but they were in a meeting.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 09:06:18 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 06:12 PM\'] As for why they don't do it for any of the other shows they have, the person who I spoke with, didn't really have an answer. [/quote]
 Because she's a receptionist.
She said she would be glad to pass on the suggestion to the programming department.
*snicker* I bet she did.
I tried to speak with someone from the programming department, but they were in a meeting.
*giggle* I bet they were. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 10:27:01 PM »
Someone complained in another thread about how they aired enough promos during the credits during World Series of Blackjack to make the credits stay unreadable during the entire crawl.  My response: it could be worse.  I was fully expecting generic credits, like other networks use.  Secondly, think about this: casual viewers couldn't care less who WSoBj's gaffer is.  H***, most of us who aren't in the biz don't even know what a gaffer is!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 10:27:20 PM by GS Warehouse »

Pyramid80

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 10:45:39 PM »
It all boils down to the people working at GSN.  It is apparent that they are not game show fans, and could care less about what airs.  I am sure they don't think twice about throwing a promo over the fee plus and now the full credits.  No one really reads those anyway!  <GUILTY>

Jimmy Owen

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 11:00:15 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 10:27 PM\'] Someone complained in another thread about how they aired enough promos during the credits during World Series of Blackjack to make the credits stay unreadable during the entire crawl.  My response: it could be worse.  I was fully expecting generic credits, like other networks use.  Secondly, think about this: casual viewers couldn't care less who WSoBj's gaffer is.  H***, most of us who aren't in the biz don't even know what a gaffer is! [/quote]
 You would think the unions involved would force the nets to make the credits readable.  Yes, no one except the gaffer and his family cares if his name is on there, but why have credits at all if they cannot be read?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

MaryM7643

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 11:21:59 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 07:52 PM\']Ah, never knew that. I still don't understand why GSN couldn't just do what they do, when Millionaire is on. Put up a do not call graphic over the number. It can't be that hard, I think I will give them a call and suggest they do this.[/quote]
...Or just cover up the number(s) on the Feud with SOMETHING! I don't care if it's a "black box," just as long as we get to see the "Goodbye."

BrandonFG

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 11:27:42 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 07:52 PM\'] Ah, never knew that. I still don't understand why GSN couldn't just do what they do, when Millionaire is on. Put up a do not call graphic over the number. It can't be that hard, I think I will give them a call and suggest they do this. [/quote]
 Exactly...worked just fine when USA did the very same thing.

Two other instances that came to mind:

1. Occasionally, Ray would ask for the contestant plug while at the faceoff podium (right before a question). I'd love to see how they would edit that out...

2. IIRC, Eubanks CS would have Lacey or Susannah do the contestant plug in front of the board, by flipping over a large card. I don't remember if this was done during rounds, or during an independent segment.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 11:57:48 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 11:27 AM\']

1. Occasionally, Ray would ask for the contestant plug while at the faceoff podium (right before a question). I'd love to see how they would edit that out...

2. IIRC, Eubanks CS would have Lacey or Susannah do the contestant plug in front of the board, by flipping over a large card. I don't remember if this was done during rounds, or during an independent segment. [/quote]
 They'd probably join Feud with Ray and the contestants at the podium just before he is about to ask the question, but just after the contestant plug.

As far as EUbanks CS, sometimes they'll show the last split second of the ticket plug, which would have been done just coming out of a commercial break. On one airing a few months ago, a ticket/contestant/poll plug(one of those) was left in.

Ian Wallis

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 12:16:55 PM »
They get the shows that they air, sent to them. I guess the company that sends out the tapes(I assume it to be Buena Vista), added in the do not call thing themselves.

It's possible.  Just before "Millionaire" joined GSN, there was news that they were "re-editing" the shows.  The "do not call" bug is probably part of the re-editing.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

David Lawrence

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004, 12:33:20 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 11:57 AM\']They'd probably join Feud with Ray and the contestants at the podium just before he is about to ask the question, but just after the contestant plug.
[/quote]
That's also how GSN has handled it with the Dawson version on occasions where he let a contestant read the plug. They've sometimes picked up right after the contestant finishes reading the information card, with Richard then handing it to someone offstage.

irismason42

New end-of-show promos..
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 12:38:33 PM »
On GSN's first day of being on Cable TV, they just let the Dawson's Feud ticket plug to be kept intact and leave it alone and they continued to show Dawson's Feud ticket plugs until around 1999 at the same time as they started doing the split screens.