Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Big Bucks" One Year Later  (Read 3914 times)

gameshowguy2000

"Big Bucks" One Year Later
« on: March 16, 2004, 04:01:55 PM »
OK, today marks the 1-year anniversary of "Big Bucks: The Press Your Luck Scandal", the first GSN documentary ever.

What do you guys think were the ups and downs of the special?

Among the ups were airing parts of the 2 shows, and showing us a behind the scenes look at the controls for the board, as well as letting Ed and Janie try their luck, on a computer-designed board made to look like the one Michael beat the game with.

I say there were only 2 downs: One, there were bugs covering the board, and they chose not to air the episodes in their entirety.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 04:27:35 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 02:01 PM\'] OK, today marks the 1-year anniversary of "Big Bucks: The Press Your Luck Scandal", the first GSN documentary ever.

What do you guys think were the ups and downs of the special? [/quote]
 Because opinion change so much over a year's time.
I say there were only 2 downs: One, there were bugs covering the board,
Waah. The more bugs GSN runs, the happier I get.
and they chose not to air the episodes in their entirety.
Which they eventually did.
(I was gonna yell at you about not being bothered to search back to the original thread, but I just tried myself and had forgotten what a POS the search function is, so I'll concede that point.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 08:07:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 04:27 PM\'] (I was gonna yell at you about not being bothered to search back to the original thread, but I just tried myself and had forgotten what a POS the search function is, so I'll concede that point.) [/quote]
 Not to mention that we were on EZboard at the time...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 09:04:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 06:07 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 04:27 PM\'] (I was gonna yell at you about not being bothered to search back to the original thread, but I just tried myself and had forgotten what a POS the search function is, so I'll concede that point.) [/quote]
Not to mention that we were on EZboard at the time... [/quote]
 I wasn't 100% sure on that either, which was the other reason I held my tongue. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 10:15:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 09:04 PM\'] [quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 06:07 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 04:27 PM\'] (I was gonna yell at you about not being bothered to search back to the original thread, but I just tried myself and had forgotten what a POS the search function is, so I'll concede that point.) [/quote]
Not to mention that we were on EZboard at the time... [/quote]
I wasn't 100% sure on that either, which was the other reason I held my tongue. :) [/quote]
 I took a look at ezBoard, and there was very little mention of Big Bucks on the GSN board.  (If there was any discussion on it at the Big Board, it is long deleted.)  Stil, ey mis tha spel chkr.