Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Proposal for the New GSN  (Read 4155 times)

ezbidder

Proposal for the New GSN
« on: March 13, 2004, 06:39:12 PM »
Remember that show they had from Australia on GSN, can't remember what it was, but anyway, since they've gone and purchased reruns of the Mole USA, they've got a goldmine of Mole shows they could purchase from Australia, for probably really cheap.  The only negative is they might have to add subtitles to it because Americans can't understand Australians.

They could grab Survivor UK and/or Survivor Australia as well.

whampyl03

Proposal for the New GSN
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 06:42:03 PM »
Remember that show they had from Australia on GSN, can't remember what it was

Who Dares Wins, I believe.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2004, 06:42:33 PM by whampyl03 »

vtown7

Proposal for the New GSN
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 06:47:04 PM »
I've seen Aussie Mole 2-4 through tape trades, and yes, I agree with you, it would be nice to see those (and UK Mole as well) pop up on GSN.

However, I don't think you'll need subtitles!

Cheers,

Ryan :)

Matt Ottinger

Proposal for the New GSN
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 07:05:07 PM »
There are probably a lot of English-language international shows that GSN could acquire, possibly very cheaply.  The quiz shows are a little more problematic because a lot of the "general knowledge" sorts of things that would be simple in the country-of-origin would be lost on an American audience.  But sure, stuff like The Mole, or Survivor or stunt shows from other countries could transfer pretty well.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

Proposal for the New GSN
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 01:44:08 AM »
Maybe they could do what American International did to the first "Mad Max" movie: redub everyone to sound American.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Proposal for the New GSN
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 01:04:01 PM »
Australian accents have never been as hard for me to decipher as, say, thicker British accents. I never had a problem understanding them on "Who Dares Wins," but I've struggled at times with the two British "Mole" series.

I'm all for them getting the Aussie version, in fact. I've avoided spoilers for years just in case that were to happen somewhere down the line. :)
@lambertman

Ian Wallis

Proposal for the New GSN
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 08:58:49 AM »
But sure, stuff like The Mole, or Survivor or stunt shows from other countries could transfer pretty well.

The way things are going with GSN, how long do you think it will take before reruns of "Survivor" join the schedule?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Proposal for the New GSN
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 12:05:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 15 2004, 06:58 AM\'] The way things are going with GSN, how long do you think it will take before reruns of "Survivor" join the schedule? [/quote]
 Quite some time. Survivor is popular enough that CBS knows they can get big coin for it, and isn't Viacom looking to do some kind of Reality Network of their own? I wouldn't count on GSN getting anything bigger than B-listers like Average Joe and Mole.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mctoyboy

Proposal for the New GSN
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 02:50:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 15 2004, 08:58 AM\']
But sure, stuff like The Mole, or Survivor or stunt shows from other countries could transfer pretty well.

The way things are going with GSN, how long do you think it will take before reruns of "Survivor" join the schedule? [/quote]
 The first Survivor is being realeased on DVD in May.....i assume CBS wants to squeeze every drop of life out of it before GSN can get it. Kind of like TPiR......=)
j