Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN 2 Days bug  (Read 7532 times)

ezbidder

GSN 2 Days bug
« on: March 13, 2004, 05:47:07 PM »
This GSN 2 Days thing in the top right corner of my screen has to be one of the worst logo bugs I've ever seen.

PeterMarshallFan

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 05:57:55 PM »
Most likely that's the new permanent logo bug, sans the "2 days."

You're right, it's hideous.

mctoyboy

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 06:15:54 PM »
Hopefully it'll go to a translucent type bug....that won't be nearly as horrible! =)
j

gameshowguy2000

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 06:24:18 PM »
Do they switch between the 2 logos (current and new)?

ezbidder

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 06:33:38 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 13 2004, 06:24 PM\'] Do they switch between the 2 logos (current and new)? [/quote]
 Yep, the new thing is there for 5 minutes or so, and then it switches back to the classic logo.

gameshowguy2000

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 06:37:49 PM »
I believe this is the 3rd logo for GSN, am I right?

whampyl03

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2004, 06:51:44 PM »
I believe this is the 3rd logo for GSN, am I right?

Let's see here... 1st generation Winnie, 2nd generation blocks, and the 3rd generation new crap...

Yep.

Hopefully it'll go to a translucent type bug....that won't be nearly as horrible! =)

I was watching Lingo for some reason last night, and kept noticing how the new bug was positioned over the furthest-to-the-right contestant's face when on the score recap screen.  Annoying and hideous, not that good of a combination.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2004, 06:52:28 PM by whampyl03 »

Chelsea Thrasher

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 07:44:43 PM »
Let's see...Winnie was around for Three Years, this one was around for Six and a Half....

If the rate of increase stays constant, we're stuck with THIS one for *ten*

gameshowguy2000

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2004, 08:11:11 PM »
Winnie? Is that the multi-colored human logo?

DYosua

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2004, 09:28:01 PM »
Yes.

ilb4ever2000

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 12:25:11 AM »
I was watching Lingo for some reason last night, and kept noticing how the new bug was positioned over the furthest-to-the-right contestant's face when on the score recap screen. Annoying and hideous, not that good of a combination.

The actual bug's probably going to be less obtrusive. I bet it's going to be like the "bug" in the Get Schooled Tour promo. Need further confirmation? That's how it was in some Fake-a-Date footage I saw a while back on TV Guide Channel.

Ian Wallis

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 08:55:45 AM »
Along the same lines, one thing about this "new" channel - the way they run the promos doesn't seem like it's going to change.  I must have seen the "Blackjack" promo 10 times in 2 hours on Sunday.  Some things never change...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 08:56:10 PM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Mar 14 2004, 12:25 AM\']
I was watching Lingo for some reason last night, and kept noticing how the new bug was positioned over the furthest-to-the-right contestant's face when on the score recap screen. Annoying and hideous, not that good of a combination.

The actual bug's probably going to be less obtrusive. I bet it's going to be like the "bug" in the Get Schooled Tour promo. Need further confirmation? That's how it was in some Fake-a-Date footage I saw a while back on TV Guide Channel.[/quote]
Evan Marriott was on ESPN2's "Cold Pizza" last week, and they ran the clip from "F-A-D" with the more translucent logo bug in the corner, not covered up by either the "CP" clock or the "CP" Bottom Line Lite.

Meanwhile, semi-OT, but--Why is Kit Hoover unannoying as a "Dream Job" judge but annoying as a "CP" host?  Because she's yet to say "Mama's [whatever]" yet on "DJ?"  (And that Southern accent that comes and goes at will, as pointed out by salon.com's King Kaufman, has yet to pop up on "DJ.")

ezbidder

GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 12:07:45 AM »
Oh, oh, my worst fears come true.  The burn-in logo is here to stay.  The obstruction.  The black box.  The cathode ray tube destroyer.  It's the GSN bug, where we block the action, over and over again.

MikeK

• Martha!
GSN 2 Days bug
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 11:20:43 AM »
[quote name=\'ezbidder\' date=\'Mar 16 2004, 12:07 AM\'] Oh, oh, my worst fears come true.  The burn-in logo is here to stay.  The obstruction.  The black box.  The cathode ray tube destroyer.  It's the GSN bug, where we block the action, over and over again. [/quote]
 Oh no!  Life as we know it has been altered forever because GSN has a new bug!  Run for your lives!

Get a grip.  It's a damn bug, one that I don't think is that much of a nuisance.  Gosh knows so much happens in that 1.5"x1.5" square (on my 19" TV) in the upper right hand corner.  If it's not transparent for shows where the upper right hand corner is important like Press Your Luck, yes, they screwed up but it's not life-altering or a reason for concern.

If GSN kept the green rectangle below the bug (a la what was used this weekend)...I wouldn't want to be near that temper tantrum.

Those people with GSN should be glad to have it, as a good percentage of people on this board likely don't have it.