The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

GSN's Tribute to Buddy Hackett

(1/2) > >>

ilb4ever2000:
This was just announced by an administrator at the GSN forums.

On the 4th, there will be a Hollywood Squares Mini-Marathon from 9 PM-12 AM Eastern with episodes featuring Mr. Hackett.

Then later, there's going to be a special Black & White Overnight tribute with these shows:

4:00 AM Password
Celebrities: B. Hackett, B. Palmer

4:30 AM What's My Line? (10/24/65)
Buddy is on the panel. Guests include Danny Kaye, Bette Davis, and Yves Saint Laurent.

5:00 AM I've Got a Secret (3/1/65)
Buddy is on the panel. Guests are Bette Davis & Olivia de Havilland. Johnny Olson appears on camera in an audience spot.

5:30 AM To Tell the Truth

Matt Ottinger:
I'm not surprised that they could pull together an Overnight tribute so quickly, but scrapping their Saturday lineup at the (relatively) last minute for a HS marathon is a very nice touch.

ilb4ever2000:
It IS a nice touch, but I'm sure viewership and ad sales are going to be down that night anyway (which might explain 4 B&W shows instead of 3).

(BTW, the 4th is on Friday)

PeterMarshallFan:
This and the full-day MG marathon sure beat the crap out of those G4 reject programs, that's for sure.

zachhoran:
If they really wanted to be brave in the overnight block, they could show the Steve ALlen IGAS episode from 1972 in which Hackett makes the panel's likenesses out of chopped liver.

I would assume the Friday(not Saturday) marathon of HS will be Marshall episodes already seen before on GSN, as well as possibly one or two from Hackett's H2 appearances.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version