Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's "not exactly a deathwatch" continues :)  (Read 8512 times)

zachhoran

GSN's "not exactly a deathwatch" continues :)
« on: March 10, 2004, 08:08:21 AM »
This has not been mentioned as yet. As per a post on rec.arts.tv, Yahoo reports that GSN will be acquiring reruns of Dog Eat Dog and Average Joe, and they'll bow on the network this Spring.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 08:29:39 AM »
The link from Hollywood Reporter via Yahoo:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...n_gameshow_dc_1

Probably would have been better to pick these up instead of Spy TV and Kenny vs. Spenny, which look to be the weakest sisters of the new shows. Wouldn't be surprised if these two shows not so eventually replace the weak sisters.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 08:30:57 AM by CaseyAbell »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 08:48:05 AM »
As per a post on rec.arts.tv, Yahoo reports that GSN will be acquiring reruns of Dog Eat Dog and Average Joe, and they'll bow on the network this Spring.

It took me a while to warm up to "Dog Eat Dog", but I kind of like it.  I'd call it a game show.  Is it coming back for another summer run on NBC?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

CaseyAbell

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 09:02:10 AM »
Haven't heard about a summer run on NBC, but anything's possible in the hazy crazy days. I've got a weakness for silly stunt shows, so I wouldn't mind taking a glimpse. Only saw a few bits and pieces of the show in its NBC days.

Seems like both these shows would have been much better pickups for the premiere week than Kenny vs. Spenny or Spy TV. I'd barely heard of either of those shows, and my guess is that most American teevee viewers weren't much better informed. Maybe GSN just couldn't get the deals done in time.

Evil moi posted the news on the GSN boards. I anticipate much weeping and wailing. Gotta wonder, though, what happens if and when fans of these shows - and Dog Eat Dog and Average Joe both had sizeable followings - start running into the traditionalists on the GSN boards?

Could be Fan Eat Fan. Or It Hits The Fan.

EDIT: The traditionalists are already performing ritual barfings on the GSN boards. This COULD be fun.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 02:41:17 PM by CaseyAbell »

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 11:40:06 AM »
At least picking up Dog Eat Dog reruns are better than picking up Fear Factor reruns.

tommycharles

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 11:49:19 AM »
I liked Dog Eat Dog - Brooke was the only downside with her teleprompter reading (although Brooke had upsides too ;-) ) . How many eps were made, though?

TV Favorites

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 01:51:23 PM »
I believe some information I read said there has been 26 episodes of "Dog Eat Dog".
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 01:51:38 PM by TV Favorites »

davemackey

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 04:11:21 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 11:40 AM\'] At least picking up Dog Eat Dog reruns are better than picking up Fear Factor reruns. [/quote]
 Don't give GSN any ideas, now...

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 04:27:30 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 03:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 11:40 AM\'] At least picking up Dog Eat Dog reruns are better than picking up Fear Factor reruns. [/quote]
Don't give GSN any ideas, now... [/quote]
 That wasn't an idea. That was an opinion.

dzinkin

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 04:40:41 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 04:27 PM\'] [quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 03:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 11:40 AM\'] At least picking up Dog Eat Dog reruns are better than picking up Fear Factor reruns. [/quote]
That wasn't an idea. That was an opinion. [/quote]
 Do you go out of your way to miss the point, or does it just happen naturally?

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2004, 04:52:11 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 04:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 11:40 AM\'] At least picking up Dog Eat Dog reruns are better than picking up Fear Factor reruns. [/quote]
 That won't happen since Fear Factor reruns will be on FX.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 04:58:35 PM »
Evil moi posted the news on the GSN boards. I anticipate much weeping and wailing. Gotta wonder, though, what happens if and when fans of these shows - and Dog Eat Dog and Average Joe both had sizeable followings - start running into the traditionalists on the GSN boards?

EDIT: The traditionalists are already performing ritual barfings on the GSN boards. This COULD be fun.

Your neverending war on traditionalist game show fans is getting old and tired.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 08:38:43 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 02:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 04:27 PM\'] [quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 03:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 11:40 AM\'] At least picking up Dog Eat Dog reruns are better than picking up Fear Factor reruns. [/quote]
Do you go out of your way to miss the point, or does it just happen naturally? [/quote]
 He's a troll. Every time you respond to him, he gets that much more excited.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2004, 08:41:43 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 08:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 02:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 04:27 PM\'] [quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 03:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 11:40 AM\'] At least picking up Dog Eat Dog reruns are better than picking up Fear Factor reruns. [/quote]
Do you go out of your way to miss the point, or does it just happen naturally? [/quote]
He's a troll. Every time you respond to him, he gets that much more excited. [/quote]
 Mea culpa... sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between trolls and morons.

Now, where's the TTD90 room? :-)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2004, 04:14:24 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 04:58 PM\']

Your neverending war on traditionalist game show fans is getting old and tired. [/quote]
 It most certainly is.  In a sense, I feel like you're talking down to all of us; as if your thoughts are more "treasured" than ours.  However, that's just how I read your posts--others most certainly read them differently.
--Mark
Phil 4:13