Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Phillip Schofield admits affair, resigns from ITV  (Read 1579 times)

Kniwt

Phillip Schofield admits affair, resigns from ITV
« on: May 26, 2023, 02:12:55 PM »
The host of The Cube UK, last aired in December 2021, and 5 Gold Rings UK.
https://deadline.com/2023/05/phillip-schofield-dropped-agency-this-morning-itv-1235381014/

Under fire UK presenter Phillip Schofield has been ditched by his agency of 35 years, YMU, on the same day he has admitted to having an extra-marital affair with a younger ITV employee.

...   The agency drop follows Schofield’s bombshell exit last week from popular ITV show This Morning, which he had co-hosted for twenty years. That exit followed reports that his relationship with co-host Holly Willoughby had come under strain and speculation that the exit related to an affair with a younger ITV employee. Schofield said that he understood ITV had decided that “the current situation [could] not go on.”

Today, the presenter said in a lengthy statement sent to the Daily Mail: “I did have a consensual on-off relationship with a younger male colleague at This Morning. Contrary to speculation, whilst I met the man when he was a teenager and was asked to help him to get into television, it was only after he started to work on the show that it became more than just a friendship. That relationship was unwise, but not illegal. It is now over.”

Sodboy13

Re: Phillip Schofield admits affair, resigns from ITV
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 04:59:36 PM »
I wonder if he was ever able to confirm that everything is, in fact, harder inside The Cube.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Stackertosh

Re: Phillip Schofield admits affair, resigns from ITV
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 09:49:58 PM »
The british version of tj holmes and amy robach.

I wonder who will replace Phillip on The Cube
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 06:39:54 AM by Stackertosh »