Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Bingable" game shows?  (Read 5222 times)

chad1m

Re: "Bingable" game shows?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2023, 10:48:57 AM »
Buzzr showed me that there's at least 2 shows I can enjoy this way: Dawson Feud, on one-after-the-other late at night, is hard to put down.
Since the introduction of the Feud Classics channel, I'll often sit down with a different TV watching plan, but the splash on my screen will tempt me and I'll instead choose to knock back two or three or five of those.

Neumms

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2023, 01:01:46 AM »
I’m very much enjoying Break the Bank. The game itself is so good, the celebrities are just a bonus. Or in the case of some, a detractor.

I binged on Trebek Double Dare when it was on Amazon. Lots of games carried over, some champions were funny characters, and it was a hoot to see Spoilers a few times in a row. Man, a reboot could be great.

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2023, 01:03:58 PM »
Jim Perry with Card Sharks and $ale.

And thinking outside the box a bit, no pun intended, Bill Cullen's "Three on a Match".  There was (any maybe still is) about 5 to 7 episodes, most involving one champion Fred Abrahams.  I adored the show as a youth back in the early 70s and was so tickled to have found a few full episodes of this lost NBC gem.

Blockbusters with Cullen is another I could binge on.  I love the trivia aspect of the game.  The strategy part isn't too bad either.  My only gripe was the Gold Rush (later Gold Run) end game seemed a tad too easy to win.  The Rafferty version was okay, but prefer Cullen's.

Rayburn Match Game '73 through some of '78 is another I could binge watch.  '74 to '76 or '77 was the peak of the show for me.  I never cared for the syndicated Match Game episodes at all.

TimK2003

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2023, 07:56:00 PM »
Back around the Christmas holidays, I guess I did some weekend binging of The Liars Club ‐‐ mostly the 70s version on YT.

With all the different items they used, works of art, and yet another show where Betty White can really be a bit naughty while still flying under the radar --  even better if hubby Allen was hosting.!

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2023, 05:31:53 PM »
Watching GSN right now and America Says is on. It’s really come into its own as a fun show to watch on a weekend afternoon. I’d add most of GSN’s current originals.

Not exactly a game show, but Shark Tank too.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2023, 06:14:33 PM »
I lean more toward the English side. I try to watch as much of the current iteration of Catch Phrase whenever I’m able to, and I also like to watch older episodes of Countdown in bunches.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BillCullen1

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2023, 10:00:51 AM »
I could binge watch Hollywood Squares just to see the different celebs on it. Given my username, I could also binge on IGAS, Blockbusters and Child's Play.

Stackertosh

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2023, 07:24:08 PM »
The Price is Right (70s versions and 80s James,Barker,Kennedy)
Rayburn Match Game I love the early episodes all the way though 1978.
Perry/Rafferty Card Sharks
Beat the Clock (Bud Collyer)
Sale of the Century i forgot how good that show is.

Casey

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2023, 07:36:39 PM »
I'll also mention Sale of the Century - I've been watching a lot of it lately.
I'll be in the minority on this one, but I could binge Face the Music any day, any time.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2023, 10:44:05 PM »
Definitely Cullen Chain Reaction and Blockbusters. Possibly Password Plus, too. There's a lot of great games I like, but if they have a lot of flash and dazzle, it's likely to wear this old guy out. These shows have a nice pace and good at-home playability.

BrandonFG

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2023, 12:18:45 PM »
The Feud Pluto channel is a great addition. I’m partial to the Combs era because that’s what I grew up watching, but it really is a fun little binge.

/Not a fan of the remixed theme tho
//The drum kit really throws it off
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Neumms

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2023, 04:02:15 PM »
It might come up when binging Blockbusters that, as cool as the concept and Bill are, the same thing happens over and over and over, especially when Cullen's Gold Run was won so often. That's the fundamental problem with the show.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2023, 04:37:12 PM »
It might come up when binging Blockbusters that, as cool as the concept and Bill are, the same thing happens over and over and over, especially when Cullen's Gold Run was won so often. That's the fundamental problem with the show.

Have to disagree. It felt like nobody lost the Chuck Woolery Lingo bonus round, and that show had no problem keeping viewers and coming back year after year. While I think very few game shows are bingable, FWIW, Blockbusters with Bill Cullen was one of the few my dad watched regularly when it had a spot on GSN. I attribute that to the question material and Bill's sense of humor.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

bclark71

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2023, 04:40:35 PM »
If I could have any game show at my disposal, I'd go with The Price Is Right (Barker/James/Kennedy),The Hollywood Squares (Marshall), and The $25,000 Pyramid (Cullen).  Maybe Dawson Family Feud.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2023, 10:13:32 PM »
I don’t tend to watch one show at a huge clip (though there was a time I would put on a season of Krypton Factor and drift off to sleepy time) .I’m more apt to watch a few different shows in one sitting.
Travis L. Eberle