Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC taking DOND ... to an island  (Read 19021 times)

colonial

NBC taking DOND ... to an island
« on: May 12, 2023, 03:19:19 PM »
Have you ever watched "Deal or No Deal" and wondered how the show would work on an island, "Survivor"-style?

Absolutely no one? Good, I agree with you. But NBC needs something to air if the writer's strike is a lengthy one, so coming in 2023-24 ...

https://deadline.com/2023/05/deal-or-no-deal-returns-to-nbc-survivor-like-twist-agt-spinoff-1235364925/

Set on "The Banker's private island," teams must search for "100 cases filled with millions of dollars" for a chance to win the biggest prize in show history.

The network also officially renewed "Password" for a second season (but won't start filming until after the writer's strike ends) and will air episodes of "The Wall" on Friday nights in the fall. (*) Nothing was announced on "Capital One College Bowl," but I am guessing this would be a no-go given the strike.

JD

(*) -- "The Wall" is the new "According to Jim." It's the show that refuses to die.

Sodboy13

Re: NBC taking DOND ... to an island
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 04:07:42 PM »
I am all for taking NBC American DOND to an island, and leaving it there.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 07:05:10 PM »
As someone who grew to detest the NBC version…….I’d watch?

/The syndie version was much easier to digest
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Stackertosh

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 06:34:12 AM »
The Msnbc version didn't last as long i am shocked they are trying it again with a different format.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 09:24:37 AM »
The Msnbc version didn't last as long i am shocked they are trying it again with a different format.
There's a writer's strike on.
This signature is currently under construction.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 09:38:54 AM »
CNBC.  The only thing remotely close to a game show MSNBC has aired was the Hardball Hot Seat segments in 2002-3.

/20 years ago next month.  IYKYK

rebelwrest

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 05:56:48 PM »
CNBC.  The only thing remotely close to a game show MSNBC has aired was the Hardball Hot Seat segments in 2002-3.

/20 years ago next month.  IYKYK

What? No love for "Remember This"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYTrP92WTjw

/actually no love is needed

My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

colonial

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 09:23:31 AM »
https://deadline.com/2023/05/fox-2023-24-programming-slate-no-fall-schedule-rob-wade-1235366606/

Easier to keep it in this post rather than creating new threads for each network ....

Fox announced two new games for the 2023-24 season ...

"Snake Oil" was already mentioned in a previous thread. It's essentially "To Tell the Truth" meets "Shark Tank."

The network also unveiled "We Are Family," a show where 100 contestants look to win up to $100,000 by correctly identifying which celebrity a non-famous relative is performing with. So it's "Identity" meets "The Masked Singer" meets a mallet to the head. Fox also says the show will be hosted by Jamie and Corinne Foxx, so it sounds like this may have been recorded prior to Jamie's health issues.

Fox also renewed "Name That Tune" as it's fresh out of ideas.

JD

Sodboy13

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2023, 09:51:06 AM »
If Fox's entire lineup is just going to be music-adjacent game and reality shows, they could at least do us the favor of reviving Rock & Roll Jeopardy.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2023, 12:59:33 PM »
If we can just get a show where contestants identify songs whose lyrics are being shouted at them by Gordon Ramsay, then we’ll be set.
@lambertman

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2023, 11:35:47 PM »
/actually no love is needed

Hey, how about at least a little love for whatever numbskull actually held on to a cruddy VHS tape all these years so that we could have proof this show actually happened.

/Al Roker genuinely looks like he's wearing an Al Roker fat suit.  I forget just how big he was back then.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

colonial

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2023, 02:25:16 PM »
https://deadline.com/2023/05/abc-leans-into-unscripted-for-strike-contingent-schedule-dancing-with-the-stars-back-on-mondays-as-net-hopes-for-scripted-midseason-including-9-1-1-1235368491/

ABC's fall schedule is heavy on unscripted and game shows this fall given the strike. Celebrity WOF airs on Tuesdays with Celebrity J!, PYL and Pyramid running Thursdays.

JD

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2023, 03:13:31 PM »
the official ABC Release further clarifies that Press Your Luck will not be airing this summer as originally planned, in order to save it for fall.
@lambertman

TimK2003

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2023, 08:27:40 PM »
the official ABC Release further clarifies that Press Your Luck will not be airing this summer as originally planned, in order to save it for fall.
[/quote】

I would think if they did another Independence Day-themed episode, I would assume that would appear as a "Special" episode in early July.  So I wouldn't totally write off at least one PYL episode this summer.

colonial

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2023, 03:28:20 PM »
https://deadline.com/2023/07/cbs-fall-schedule-2023-yellowstone-ghosts-seal-team-fbi-true-1235439838/#comments

The CBS fall lineup, released today, has a surprisingly healthy number of game shows to be found ...

"Loteria Loca" -- the Mexican bingo-inspired game airs Mondays at 8pm ET
TPIR and LMAD primetime specials will be shown Fridays at 8pm ET

Then a bit of a surprise for Fridays at 9pm ET -- an American version of the Israeli format "Raid the Cage," best known to genre fans for its Mexican version, "Escape Perfecto." No information as to who is hosting this and when it may premiere (Sarah Michelle Gellar and Leslie Mann hosted a rejected pilot for NBC a few years back).

JD