Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Fox Primetime game : "Snake Oil"  (Read 1480 times)

tvwxman

New Fox Primetime game : "Snake Oil"
« on: May 03, 2023, 10:39:00 AM »
Got an email today looking for contestants - hosted by David Spade, produced by Will Arnett....

are you an excellent judge of character? can you detect a liar? do you have an intuition that rarely steers you wrong?

Their words, not mine.

How will this be produced with a Writers Strike?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

Re: New Fox Primetime game : "Snake Oil"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 12:48:26 PM »
The one thing I remember from the last strike in 07-08 was more game shows (not necessarily for the better). From what I remember, most of those shows revolved around stunts or human interest and personal details, not so much Q&A, so I’m guessing that’s one writing workaround.

This being a Fox show, I expect constant audience cutaway shots.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 01:51:24 PM »
How will this be produced with a Writers Strike?

If it's a non-union show, it doesn't matter. It could be a show that uses more questions than The Chase, and they could still make it if it wasn't affiliated with the WGA.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

DoItRockapella

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 06:24:16 PM »
Here's some more information:

https://deadline.com/2023/04/david-spade-to-host-new-game-show-snake-oil-at-fox-from-will-arnett-1235329494/

It's not a quiz show - the idea is that entrepreneurs pitch products, and contestants must guess if said products are real or fake.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 06:37:39 PM »
Copy copy. At the risk of sounding pedantic, said show will assuredly have a script of some kind for the on-camera talent. Even the ones Brandon was alluding to earlier were deliberately sidestepping the WGA, quiz material or no quiz material.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BillCullen1

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 06:49:21 PM »
Here's some more information:

https://deadline.com/2023/04/david-spade-to-host-new-game-show-snake-oil-at-fox-from-will-arnett-1235329494/

It's not a quiz show - the idea is that entrepreneurs pitch products, and contestants must guess if said products are real or fake.

So it's sort of like Shark Tank meets Liar's Club. Sounds interesting.