The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

I've Got A Secret Website

(1/10) > >>

Matt Ottinger:
This isn't a show we talk about a lot here, which is one of the reasons I wanted to tackle it as my next big project.

I've been working on a Secret website in...well..."secret" for some time now, and I'm ready to unleash it on fans and newcomers alike.  Since this is an educated audience, I won't bore you with details about the show.  I WILL tell you that there are probably some things in here that you didn't know.  There's a story on how close Steve Allen was to becoming a US Congressman. (Very close.)  There's information about how runner Roger Bannister and sex symbol Jayne Mansfield were each supposed to have been on the series (separately) and why they weren't.  I also have some contrarian takes I'll be posting soon about how the show was originally sold to Goodson-Todman, what really happened on the last episode, and even why that nice old man who witnessed the Lincoln assassination might have been a great big liar.

Adam Nedeff and Mike Burger (mmb5 here) were most helpful in getting this project to the finish line, and it's not even the finish line because I intend there to be frequent updates.

I hope this audience in particular finds it interesting.  I am available for questions.  And podcasts.

http://ivegotasecret.website

SuperMatch93:
Well, there goes any hope of being productive today.  :)

By the way, on the banner, where's the third logo on the left from? (The one that looks to be written in Futura Display) I haven't seen it in any episodes.

Matt Ottinger:

--- Quote from: SuperMatch93 on May 01, 2023, 09:35:45 AM ---Well, there goes any hope of being productive today.  :)

By the way, on the banner, where's the third logo on the left from? (The one that looks to be written in Futura Display) I haven't seen it in any episodes.

--- End quote ---

It was a bit of a cheat.  It appeared on a single episode, a Christmas one from a few years in, and I think only in the closing credits. 

What can I say?  I needed six.

Otm Shank:

--- Quote from: Matt Ottinger on May 01, 2023, 09:22:16 AM ---I also have some contrarian takes I'll be posting soon about how the show was originally sold to Goodson-Todman, what really happened on the last episode, and even why that nice old man who witnessed the Lincoln assassination might have been a great big liar.

--- End quote ---
Well, this sounds like a rabbit hole I'm about to be sucked into. Appreciate your dedicated work in compiling — wait, WHAT?!

Cancel my meetings for today. Bye, bye productivity!

Matt Ottinger:
The piece about Mr Seymour and his nonagenarian memory is already posted in  the "History" section.  The stuff about the show's origins has been written but not posted yet.  And the stuff about the last episode has been researched (they absolutely had to know when they were taping it that it would be their last show) but not written yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version