Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Academic Challenge / Cleveland Edition  (Read 1203 times)

TimK2003

Academic Challenge / Cleveland Edition
« on: January 04, 2024, 02:14:22 PM »
AC returns for their 55th (non-consecutive) season January 6th,  and I believe for the first time ever, WEWS is now airing the show as a Saturday Morning program, instead of its traditional Saturday Evening spot.

Here is a clip of the show:

📸 Watch this video on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/J9axZ6wJyxiLTMPY/?mibextid=FQVVTg

Jeremy Nelson

Re: Academic Challenge / Cleveland Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 08:22:22 PM »
Every game show doesn’t have to be as colorful as Price but man- that might as well be shot in black and white if muted grey and blue makes up your entire color palette.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 12:30:42 AM »
Every game show doesn’t have to be as colorful as Price but man- that might as well be shot in black and white if muted grey and blue makes up your entire color palette.

WEWS is a Scripps-owned station (one of their oldest), and they are chopping budgets and staff nationwide.

They used to air AC between 6-8pm on Saturday nights over the decades, which nowadays is part of the lowest-rated night in TV ratings -- the move to Saturday late-mornings placed amongst the bland E/I programming puts it even further down into TV obscurity. 

I wonder if the show's sponsors (now prominently displayed on the set) are happy with that decision, likely made by Scripps.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 08:00:38 AM »
They used to air AC between 6-8pm on Saturday nights over the decades, which nowadays is part of the lowest-rated night in TV ratings -- the move to Saturday late-mornings placed amongst the bland E/I programming puts it even further down into TV obscurity. 

I wonder if the show's sponsors (now prominently displayed on the set) are happy with that decision, likely made by Scripps.
It's Academic in DC, and KD Quiz (formerly Hometown High Q) have been on Saturday mornings for quite a long time so I don't think this is the downgrade you think it may be.
This signature is currently under construction.

SuperSweeper

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 01:41:10 PM »
This timeslot change is not new for this season…it moved to the mornings several years ago (possibly even before the pandemic).