Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most unusual post-GS career switch  (Read 5492 times)

steveleb

Re: Most unusual post-GS career switch
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2023, 09:31:58 PM »
Pat Finn’s coaching work is with a group once known as Landmark Forum, quite popular with actors and actresses struggling in LA.  He credits it with allowing him the bandwidth to visualize his eventual success as a host.  I’ve attended these seminars, usually lower priced lures to get people to commit to more than intensive and expensive training.  There’s enormous pressure put on attendees to sign up for the later work and less competent people than Pat often use shaming to make people feel awful in the pious hope they’ll pony up.  I personally know several people who wound up jobless and homeless.  I’m not insinuating it’s a cult or that Pat himself is guilty, and plenty of people besides Pat swore by it,  Katherine Helmond from Soap and her husband were big shots in it and while they were coercive they were fair, but very intensely devoted to the organization.  To each their own, but I kinda wonder how they can justify their actions in some cases where vulnerable people are preyed upon for profit

bulldog_06

Re: Most unusual post-GS career switch
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2023, 10:09:04 PM »
Veering away from on-camera talent:

Jay Wolpert arguably had more success as a screenwriter than as a game-show packager.

Paul Alter submitted a movie treatment to Disney which wound up in a lawsuit. His songwriting career never took off, though.

Ira Skutch had several books published.

That movie treatment happened to similar to "Honey I Blew Up The Kid."