Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jamie Foxx hospitalized after “medical complication”  (Read 3748 times)

BrandonFG

Jamie Foxx hospitalized after “medical complication”
« on: April 13, 2023, 09:23:54 PM »
His family released a statement yesterday that said Jamie is recovering. Prayers up to him.

https://people.com/health/jamie-foxx-recovering-from-medical-complication/
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BrandonFG

Re: Jamie Foxx hospitalized after “medical complication”
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 12:24:57 PM »
It is believed that Jamie had a stroke. Haven’t seen an official report confirming.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 11:21:35 AM »
His family has asked for privacy at this time. I thought he did a very good job hosting Beat Shazam. A talented and Oscar winning performer. Here's hoping he has a full and speedy recovery.

colonial

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 12:34:55 PM »
Nick Cannon will take over as host of "Beat Shazam" given Foxx's health issues. Recording for the new season started today in Ireland ...

https://deadline.com/2023/05/nick-cannon-to-replace-jamie-foxx-as-guest-host-of-foxs-beat-shazam-1235355110/

TMZ is also reporting that Kelly Osbourne (Ozzy and Sharon's daughter) will serve as DJ.

JD

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 11:54:01 PM »
Nick Cannon will take over as host of "Beat Shazam" given Foxx's health issues. Recording for the new season started today in Ireland ...

https://deadline.com/2023/05/nick-cannon-to-replace-jamie-foxx-as-guest-host-of-foxs-beat-shazam-1235355110/

TMZ is also reporting that Kelly Osbourne (Ozzy and Sharon's daughter) will serve as DJ.

JD

These shows will start airing on May 23. That same evening, Don't Forget the Lyrics also begins its new season, hosted by Niecy Nash.

Kniwt

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 02:51:59 PM »
An update today from the family:
https://www.instagram.com/stories/corinnefoxx/3101233179499580382/

Update from family: Sad to see how the media runs wild. My Dad has been out of the hospital for weeks, recuperating. In fact, he was playing pickleball yesterday! Thanks for everyone's prayers and support!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 03:06:42 PM »

Update from family: Sad to see how the media runs wild. My Dad has been out of the hospital for weeks, recuperating. In fact, he was playing pickleball yesterday! Thanks for everyone's prayers and support!

So technically, that does mean he's been disconnected from life support.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Otm Shank

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2023, 11:25:34 PM »

I've got a real problem with this. It was Corinne that came leaping to social media for prayers for her father when he was hospitalized. Now, I'm not expecting for them to post repeated updates. But there was no follow up to her post from her or Foxx's handlers (despite him trending randomly in the past weeks), then someone fills the void with reckless speculation, and she's surprised how "the media runs wild"? I would expect the family to have time to get back to normal during his recovery, and not worrying about the update. But he's now back to some level of normalcy for weeks, yet it never occurred to anyone to let his fans know about it who were now thinking the worst? I'm sure they were actually seeing all this play out on social media after his discharge and were never moved to thank everyone and bring the level of concern down? At the very least, a publicist or an agent should have jumped in and given an update. With the preponderance of entertainment media that were completely unable to provide an update or not even a TMZ tip gives me the sense that this was intentional. I don't want to think that way, but it makes sense, especially since Corinne used this opportunity to wag her finger at social media and conflate it with "the media".

On the other side of the coin, if she felt her family deserved privacy during this time, then she shouldn't have posted anything in the first place.

Casey

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2023, 08:44:17 AM »
What a very entitled way to express yourself.  They don't owe you, or anyone else, anything.  What they say or don't say is their business.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2023, 12:42:24 PM »
What Casey said. The bloggers were absolutely wrong for making up bullshit stories for clicks. The family asked for privacy, and people still complained that they weren't giving updates. We're not entitled to that info, and if things had taken a turn for the worst I'm sure Corinne would've said something, even if it's just "continue to pray".

Corinne was 100% right for wagging her finger at bloggers for being insensitive and disingenuous for revenue. The problem with our society today is we feel like we gotta know everything about one another and forgot how to respect privacy until someone is ready to disclose more.

Otm Shank

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2023, 02:30:39 PM »
Oh, I absolutely agree that they don't owe the public anything. I just think it's a tad hypocritical to open that door and then disengage. In other words, they solicited public engagement and then ghosted everyone. Completely different if a news outlet first reported his hospitalization. But instead she posted a picture of her dad in medical distress and is surprised in the absence of a follow-up that people assumed the worst. Again, not owed any response from the family, but I find it odd that a handler (at least) didn't just jump in to simply say thanks for the well wishes, he's recuperating, and the family would like privacy.

And this is not a pass for the clickbaiter who made up the bullshit story. I was skeptical of it myself when I didn't see anyone else reporting it. They exploited the situation on both sides.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2023, 02:51:40 PM »
They exploited the situation on both sides.

You need to stop digging the hole deeper.

One side made a single announcement.  One.  That was accurate at the time they made it.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2023, 03:14:33 PM »
Oh, I absolutely agree that they don't owe the public anything. I just think it's a tad hypocritical to open that door and then disengage. In other words, they solicited public engagement and then ghosted everyone.
Having seen a parent undergo a touch-and-go medical emergency*, it's mentally and emotionally overwhelming between dealing with doctors and then well-wishes from everyone else. You want to inform everyone but at the time it's just not a top priority, esp. if Jamie is the type who doesn't want folks feeling sorry for him.

Yes...Corinne could've told us two weeks ago her was recovering but she doesn't owe us that, esp. since again they did ask for privacy.

*/She's fine now
//And by that I mean still driving me crazy 16 years later

Otm Shank

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2023, 01:16:45 AM »
They exploited the situation on both sides.

You need to stop digging the hole deeper.

One side made a single announcement.  One.  That was accurate at the time they made it.

"They" referred to the clickbaiter who took advantage of the situation and who the fingers should be pointed at. Anyway, I've said enough and I realize the difference of opinion here. I guess I've seen too many situations where celebrities manipulate the press (who goes along with it) and I maybe should have not flipped the switch on the cynicism generator this time.

Glad to hear, BrandonFG, that your ordeal had a positive outcome in the end, and I apologize that my remarks triggered some of that to come to the forefront.

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2023, 02:09:30 AM »
All good, and thank you! I was just using that example to say I could relate to why the family might’ve hesitated.