Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR Q2 2023  (Read 44825 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
BUZZR Q2 2023
« on: March 31, 2023, 12:29:53 PM »
The next quarter starts tomorrow.  What better time to start a fresh quarterly thread.

All I have heard is "spring break," starting on April 10 and running that week.  Admittedly, I haven't paid full attention to what's going on with BUZZR.

TimK2003

Re: BUZZR Q2 2023
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 02:13:50 PM »
The next quarter starts tomorrow.  What better time to start a fresh quarterly thread.

All I have heard is "spring break," starting on April 10 and running that week.  Admittedly, I haven't paid full attention to what's going on with BUZZR.

Tis another grouping of assorted College Week episodes:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1849049108802877

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 02:25:36 PM »

Tis another grouping of assorted College Week episodes:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1849049108802877

For any archivists keeping track of episode numbers: Card Sharks '87 277-281, Feud '91 690-694, $ale '89 1473-1477.
All 15 will be replayed in a daylong binge on 4/15 starting @ 2:30ET.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 10:15:01 AM »
Weekend schedule changes starting 4/22 with some returning shows, and stuff getting shuffled around:

10:30am - Body Language
11:00 - Blockbusters (starting with episode 166)
Noon - Classic Concentration
1:00 - Supermarket Sweep (starting with 5_1558)
2:00 - Sale of the Century (starting with 1503)
3:00 - PYL
4:00 - Super Password
5:00 - Match Game
6:00  - MG/HS Hour
7:00 - Tattletales

Also starting the week of 4/17, the 5PM hour of Match Game goes back to '73 with episode 57, which I believe is fresh. (?)

Marshall Akers

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 04:47:57 PM »
Tonight's first segment of TTTT's first airing should feature Carol Channing in a walkon cameo featuring a dresser to Hollywood and Broadway stars.

Thanks!

Marshall

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 11:43:51 PM »
Tonight's first segment of TTTT's first airing should feature Carol Channing in a walkon cameo featuring a dresser to Hollywood and Broadway stars.

It did.  But the next ep (the one with Byron MacGregor) was also quite notable and enjoyable.

The bad news is they went back to 1693 with the 8:30 ep tonight, but they'll be back to 1842 Monday.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TimK2003

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 01:15:25 PM »

It did.  But the next ep (the one with Byron MacGregor) was also quite notable and enjoyable.

The bad news is they went back to 1693 with the 8:30 ep tonight, but they'll be back to 1842 Monday.

Damn, I never knew Byron was on TTTT., and I missed it.  I assume this was for his record, "The Americans"?

He was the brains behind the "blood and guts" news presentations on Detroit radio in the 70s. And he had a great voice for radio to boot.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 05:31:14 PM »
Damn, I never knew Byron was on TTTT., and I missed it.  I assume this was for his record, "The Americans"?

He was the brains behind the "blood and guts" news presentations on Detroit radio in the 70s. And he had a great voice for radio to boot.

You assume correctly, and yes, his voice was great for radio.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2023, 08:27:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/BUZZRtv/status/1646626884975828995

Buzzr dropped a promo for their Mother's Day plans. I assume a week of mini-marathon blocks starting on May 8th. Included in the promo are a Florence Henderson on Feud, Lucy on both Password Plus and Super Password, Mama and Eunice from Password Plus, and Isabel Sanford and Shirley Jones on Tattletales.

Is that Tattletales from the 80s? I forget if Buzzr has aired 80s Tattletales before or not.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

snowpeck

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2023, 09:11:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/BUZZRtv/status/1646626884975828995

Buzzr dropped a promo for their Mother's Day plans. I assume a week of mini-marathon blocks starting on May 8th. Included in the promo are a Florence Henderson on Feud, Lucy on both Password Plus and Super Password, Mama and Eunice from Password Plus, and Isabel Sanford and Shirley Jones on Tattletales.

Is that Tattletales from the 80s? I forget if Buzzr has aired 80s Tattletales before or not.
Yep, 1984 to be precise. And no, they haven't aired it on a regular basis, just a handful in a few marathons and once on accident.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Bob Zager

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2023, 12:20:41 PM »

Here on YouTube, is Byron MacGregor's TTTT episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4zAAu5LHic

In addition to his ties to CKLW radio in Windsor, Ontario, by the late 70s/early 80s, he did short news updates, including a short five-minute local broadcast at WKBD-TV Channel 50 in Detroit.  This coming as Channel 50 was airing the Independent Network News (INN).

Byron MacGregor died in early 1995, just two months shy of his 47th birthday, of pneumonia.

If you'd like to know more about him, click this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_MacGregor

Mr. Matté

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2023, 01:25:15 PM »

Keeping in line with a recent discussion about how the G-T panel shows shared contestants around, I could swear I've seen the second guest, Alphonso Woodall who kited across Lake Erie and saved drowning men (and later died trying to do the same in 1987), on WML or IGAS on a previous rerun.

Marshall Akers

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2023, 07:35:47 PM »
Keeping in line with a recent discussion about how the G-T panel shows shared contestants around, I could swear I've seen the second guest, Alphonso Woodall who kited across Lake Erie and saved drowning men (and later died trying to do the same in 1987), on WML or IGAS on a previous rerun.

Righto!  Woodall was the first contestant on the 1973 WML that featured Wally Bruner returning to the show as mystery guest.

Marshall

TimK2003

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2023, 04:52:31 PM »

Here on YouTube, is Byron MacGregor's TTTT episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4zAAu5LHic

In addition to his ties to CKLW radio in Windsor, Ontario, by the late 70s/early 80s, he did short news updates, including a short five-minute local broadcast at WKBD-TV Channel 50 in Detroit.  This coming as Channel 50 was airing the Independent Network News (INN).

Byron MacGregor died in early 1995, just two months shy of his 47th birthday, of pneumonia.

If you'd like to know more about him, click this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_MacGregor

His wife Jo Jo Shiuty MacGregor could've been a TTTT subject as well.  She was the first female radio traffic reporter in North America (broadcasting from a helicopter) at the same station Byron worked at.  They later married and for a brief while was a weather forecaster on one of the Detroit TV stations.

Marshall Akers

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2023, 05:41:47 PM »
Fans of TTTT's irregular disguised-impostors segments -- like the times Tom Poston was adorable as a teddy bear, Wally Bruner overacted as a wolfman, and Gene Rayburn wheezed his way through Santa Claus-- may care to check out the first game's reveal in this evening's second show, a Buzzr first-run episode.  Fun spot!

Marshall