Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR Q2 2023  (Read 45739 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Re: BUZZR Q2 2023
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2023, 01:31:37 PM »
ETAA: Starting June 5th, 2 hours of Dawson Feud from 1982 inherit the 9am - 11am time slot. Not sure if its permanent or a special event thing.
It is on the week of the 12th as well.

Notably as of yesterday they've jumped ahead with P+, and will get through Ludden's final weeks (oddly enough, though, the final Ludden show is being skipped) and into Kennedy (although they did run Kennedy's first civilian shows previously and at least one or two eps of his second taped week, but I'm not sure they ran his first taped week, which aired more than two months later).

And it seems CC (the 11AM and 12M ET run) is being given the MG79 and LMAD84 treatment on the online sked, as in we don't know what episode numbers are being run as of 6/12.  Could they be new?  Watch this space.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

snowpeck

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2023, 03:04:31 PM »
ETAA: Starting June 5th, 2 hours of Dawson Feud from 1982 inherit the 9am - 11am time slot. Not sure if its permanent or a special event thing.

Notably as of yesterday they've jumped ahead with P+, and will get through Ludden's final weeks (oddly enough, though, the final Ludden show is being skipped) and into Kennedy (although they did run Kennedy's first civilian shows previously and at least one or two eps of his second taped week, but I'm not sure they ran his first taped week, which aired more than two months later).

And it seems CC (the 11AM and 12M ET run) is being given the MG79 and LMAD84 treatment on the online sked, as in we don't know what episode numbers are being run as of 6/12.  Could they be new?  Watch this space.
Looks like Allen's last show might have been put into the skip pile because of an offensive clue involving the words "Redskins" and "Indians".
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JMFabiano

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2023, 03:23:50 PM »

Looks like Allen's last show might have been put into the skip pile because of an offensive clue involving the words "Redskins" and "Indians".

I'd say "put a disclaimer and run this historic moment!" but then again Buzzr is not our personal museum.  And T(N)PIR premiere has not been officially seen for decades before this, for similar, sooooo...
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2023, 03:48:24 PM »

I'd say "put a disclaimer and run this historic moment!" but then again Buzzr is not our personal museum.  And T(N)PIR premiere has not been officially seen for decades before this, for similar, sooooo...
I can’t believe I’m actually bothering with you.  One involves offensive language.  The other involves someone not liking a specific prize.  Learn the difference.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2023, 04:48:53 PM »
I can’t believe I’m actually bothering with you.  One involves offensive language.  The other involves someone not liking a specific prize.  Learn the difference.
And the fur coat "ban" isn't even some sort of company precedent. They've shown several LMaD and Split Second episodes with a fur coat.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2023, 06:18:07 PM »

I said similar not alike.

The similarity was, "landmark" episodes being banned.  Think before you smarter than thou me. 

I know why they did it.  I wish they did the "different time" disclaimer instead, but what can you do?  Either you're for total sensitivity and expunging everything from "a different time", or you're a far righter, there's no middle ground in today's society.   

And "I don't know why I'm bothering with you...." my slogan for a LOT of people here.  Always room for more on the list. 

And people have to ask why I mostly lurk, geez.  I am running out of trust and second chances to give here, honestly.   I would like to talk about my favorite things without bullying  TYVM. 

« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 06:33:06 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

SRIV94

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2023, 06:41:51 PM »
I suppose they could've bleeped it too as opposed to putting in the skip pile, but I get it.  They've made actual edits (where the picture actually jumps) for other programs (TT and MG7x come to mind), so it's not without precedent.

Meanwhile, anybody got a contact that can check to see whether CC is going further in the run or if the episodes aren't fresh (the shows on 6/9 are 720 and 721--think they had gotten as far as 847)?
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2023, 07:00:40 PM »
And people have to ask why I mostly lurk, geez.  I am running out of trust and second chances to give here, honestly.   I would like to talk about my favorite things without bullying  TYVM.
I'm gonna be honest with you and I've said this before. You're not being bullied. Taking this exchange off the table, in several threads on this forum you've added a reference to something not too many people (here) will get. It may be clever to you, but to everyone else it's a head-scratcher and derails the topic. And I don't say that to single you out; I've made what I thought was a Good One! that went over like a lead balloon. It happens. But what you and others call "bullying" is people simply asking you to read the room. It's up to you to stay, just remember some of this goes both ways.

Either you're for total sensitivity and expunging everything from "a different time", or you're a far righter, there's no middle ground in today's society.
Hyperbole like this doesn't help your case. Yes, a disclaimer could work but people are gonna bitch one way or another, just like people are bitching that they skip episodes for whatever reason (fur coats, models suggestively swinging their hips, etc.). So it's kind of a moot point because nothing will please everybody. GSN did the same thing 25 years ago with a MG7x episode with a Batman and Robin riddle. If it happened today, the fanboys would be whining about how "WoKe" GSN is. This is hardly new territory.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 09:59:12 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

rwalker

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2023, 07:10:22 PM »
Has Lmad reached the Geoff week yet?

Allstar87

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2023, 11:09:37 PM »

They already did so. They first aired them from Jul. 11-13, 2016, when they first started showing LMAD '84. They're showing just the first 87 episodes at the moment, so they might loop back to Geoff next time they refresh.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 11:19:50 PM by Allstar87 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2023, 11:15:08 AM »

They already did so. They first aired them from Jul. 11-13, 2016, when they first started showing LMAD '84. They're showing just the first 87 episodes at the moment, so they might loop back to Geoff next time they refresh.
A bunch of these episodes, including ones hosted by Geoff are posted on DailyMotion.
Here’s one of them:
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SRIV94

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2023, 12:12:40 PM »
So it appears “One and Done” won the voting.

Can someone please remind me of what shows we’ll see?
Doug

Trisscope

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2023, 12:22:09 PM »
As presented on their site (thanks Wayback Machine):

Match Game
Tattletales
Password Plus
Super Password
To Tell the Truth
Classic Concentration
Let's Make a Deal
The Newlywed Game

Some mystery as to which versions, will be curious to see if the schedule updates.

SRIV94

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2023, 12:41:58 PM »
Oh boy.  The first episode of 1973-82 MG they got right.  However, the "last" episode they got wrong (they showed the 1980-1981 season finale instead, so they're a year off). 
Doug

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2023, 01:10:31 PM »
As presented on their site (thanks Wayback Machine):

Match Game
Tattletales
Password Plus
Super Password
To Tell the Truth
Classic Concentration
Let's Make a Deal
The Newlywed Game

Some mystery as to which versions, will be curious to see if the schedule updates.

There appears to be room for another 4 as this would only amount to 8 hours. Also, I just noticed that the 3PM entry is blocked off for an hour. Hmm.
As for the faux MG finale they just aired, maybe they chose a marginally more entertaining season finale since the Season 3 finale was nothing special.
Definitely hoping for the 1978 TT finale, though!

EDIT: G'ah! Oh well, it was a nice thought. And wait...this isn't the '84 finale either, is it?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 01:34:39 PM by Blanquepage »