Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR Q2 2023  (Read 45715 times)

Bob Zager

Re: BUZZR Q2 2023
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2023, 12:35:35 PM »
Classic concentration is not the finale
One of the bumpers indicated a CC mini-marathon of the first 2 and the final 2.

The episode, which aired this past week on Buzzr Game Show Day, Alex asks the champ "Bob are you gonna come back next week?"  Then he asks Marjorie if she will, and she said "Uh, Maybe."

On Youtube, there is apparently an old videotape of the original NBC broadcast of the "finale."  The original broadcast DID NOT show the last prize cue of the Konica camera package, and the ending just shows Alex saying "we enjoyed having you with us; so long, everybody!"

I think they were not sure if the show was going to continue at the time of taping, and was edited.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 11:25:03 AM by Bob Zager »

splinkynip

« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2023, 01:23:20 PM »
The episode, which aired this past week on Buzzr Game Show Day, Alex asks the champ "Bob are you gonna come back next week?"  The asks Marjorie if she will, and she said "Uh, Maybe."

On Youtube, there is apparently an old videotape of the original NBC broadcast of the "finale."  The original broadcast DID NOT show the last prize cue of the Konica camera package, and the ending just shows Alex saying "we enjoyed having you with us; so long, everybody!"

I think they were not sure if the show was going to continue at the time of taping, and was edited.

The video you are referring to on YouTube must be from the rerun from August of 1992. Reruns always cut out the consolation prize plug before the last commercial. I'm not sure if Alex's closing comments were also edited when it originally aired the year before.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 04:34:04 PM by JasonA1 »

TimK2003

« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2023, 04:32:30 PM »
The episode, which aired this past week on Buzzr Game Show Day, Alex asks the champ "Bob are you gonna come back next week?"  The asks Marjorie if she will, and she said "Uh, Maybe."

The video you are referring to on YouTube must be from the rerun from August of 1992. Reruns always cut out the consolation prize plug before the last commercial. I'm not sure if Alex's closing comments were also edited when it originally aired the year before.

Did the NBC run of CC go into reruns the following Monday, or did the reruns show up on NBC after CC's "replacement" flamed out.  There were so many changes in the Daytime  lineups in the late 80s, I don't remember what actually happened after the last first-run ep.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 04:34:22 PM by JasonA1 »

BrandonFG

« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2023, 04:45:05 PM »
Did the NBC run of CC go into reruns the following Monday, or did the reruns show up on NBC after CC's "replacement" flamed out.  There were so many changes in the Daytime  lineups in the late 80s, I don't remember what actually happened after the last first-run ep.
Looks like it was about a month later. Per the Daytime TV Archive, the reruns started 10/28/91.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

splinkynip

« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2023, 05:11:24 PM »
Three weeks of reruns of CC and WoF aired after the final unacknowledged 8/30/1991 last shows, then the time slots were given back to affiliates. CC returned in reruns at the end of October, replacing a new show Cover to Cover.

cmjb13

« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2023, 09:46:01 AM »

The episode, which aired this past week on Buzzr Game Show Day, Alex asks the champ "Bob are you gonna come back next week?"  Then he asks Marjorie if she will, and she said "Uh, Maybe."

I take it this unedited ending was the first time it’s ever been seen?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

snowpeck

« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2023, 02:33:06 PM »

I take it this unedited ending was the first time it’s ever been seen?
We don't know for sure. The copy that's circulating is from a 1992 rerun, and NBC regularly made those kinds of edits to the reruns anyway.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2023, 03:37:17 PM »
To be somewhat fair, Cover To Cover was not a replacement for CC.  It actually replaced Trialwatch.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2023, 02:11:19 PM »
Well this seems interesting, on 6/30 from 8-Midnight ET, it looks like the return of the old stunt "Pick N Play."
Viewers would go online and vote for the shows to fill that lineup, they did this back in 2015 (old promo below)

I'm sure we'll see the official 2023 promo sooner than later now that the schedule's hanging out there.
Nice to see them sticking with some Viewer's Choice stuff!

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2023, 03:04:45 PM »
2023 promo: