Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "New" Match Game Episodes  (Read 10598 times)

chad1m

"New" Match Game Episodes
« on: July 28, 2023, 10:11:55 AM »
Beginning today at 1:30 PM, and running through Thursday, August 3rd, Game Show Network is airing episodes of Match Game '78 that have never been rerun, including five episodes with Valerie Bertinelli. Those start Monday at 1:30.

BillCullen1

Re: "New" Match Game Episodes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 10:38:49 AM »
Hey, another "Christmas in July" present for game show fans. Valerie also appeared on Baldwin's MG, one of the few celebs to appear on both versions.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 12:58:10 PM »
I'm most surprised that this debut is happening on Game Show Network -- it feels more like a Buzzr event, especially with the latter channel having an annual "lost and found" marathon that it's been struggling to fill with promotable content in recent years. Still, the continued prominence of The Newlywed Game on Buzzr shows that Fremantle and Sony have been willing to make deals with their libraries. I hope this portends the digital subchannel debut of more vintage Sony content that no longer fits on GSN.

bclark71

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2023, 06:21:17 PM »
I hope this portends the digital subchannel debut of more vintage Sony content that no longer fits on GSN.

Me too!  I'd love to see some Joker's Wild and Tic Tac Dough pop up somewhere.

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 07:36:43 AM »
Beginning today at 1:30 PM, and running through Thursday, August 3rd, Game Show Network is airing episodes of Match Game '78 that have never been rerun, including five episodes with Valerie Bertinelli. Those start Monday at 1:30.

On these shows, Ed Asner is in the Richard Dawson seat.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 10:22:51 PM »

On these shows, Ed Asner is in the Richard Dawson seat.

I guess it took a while to figure out who worked best in which seat once Dawson left.  The previous week they had Nipsey in that seat...then this week he was up top and Ed Asner took that seat.  You'd have figured they could have left Nipsey in the Dawson seat and put Ed up top where he always sat previously.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2023, 10:53:43 AM »
You'd have figured they could have left Nipsey in the Dawson seat and put Ed up top where he always sat previously.

But Nipsey is always up top too, isn't he? And he was probably there more often than Ed Asner, so having him in a different seat was probably more awkward.