Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Press Your Luck at sea  (Read 2384 times)

tvwxman

Press Your Luck at sea
« on: March 31, 2023, 08:12:26 AM »
This came into my inbox at the ol' tv newsroom last week. Norwegian Cruise Line was promoting the addition of the broadway show "Beetlejuice" to it's line up of shows they put on on board.

But in the middle of the PR, came this:

---

After the successful debut of one of the world’s most iconic game shows, "The Price is Right LIVE," aboard Norwegian Prima last year, Norwegian Viva will also offer a live game show experience with the cruise industry’s first "Press Your Luck LIVE" at-sea. The immersive experience invites the audience to be part of the classic show and win incredible grand prizes.

----

Discuss.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Mike Tennant

Re: Press Your Luck at sea
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 08:30:14 AM »
"Press Your Luck LIVE" at-sea. The immersive experience
Whammy overboard!

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 08:46:22 AM »
"Press Your Luck LIVE" at-sea. The immersive experience
Whammy overboard!

DoItRockapella

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 09:06:14 AM »
Not just those two - Norwegian Cruise Line is also considering Beat The Clock Live and Supermarket Sweep Live.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/norwegian-cruise-lines-norwegian-prima-debuts-interactive-show-stopping-entertainment-and-onboard-experiences-301381578.html

Good luck recreating Supermarket Sweep in a theater on a cruise ship?

Ian Wallis

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 10:26:44 AM »
My wife and I were on Norwegian Cruise Line around the Hawaiian Islands this past October.  On that cruise, they had a Newlywed Game and Weakest Link takeoff. 

If any of you have been on cruises, you know that you keep getting bombarded with e-mails from them because they want you to sail with them again.  Maybe we should book another one - the PYL one sounds interesting!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 11:34:24 AM »
HOLY. GUACAMOLE. BATMAN. (Sorry for the all caps, but I am just that floored in awe by this post.)

We now need a Press Your Luck live stage show not on a cruise ship, but in a theatre just like TPiR Live. :)

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 02:24:16 PM »
There are few game shows that really work as spectator sport- PYL is one of them. Excited to see this come to life.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.