Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Network Deathwatch Begins  (Read 4657 times)

fjg5874

Game Show Network Deathwatch Begins
« on: March 07, 2004, 11:07:11 PM »
Well one week from tomorrow Game Show Network will be no more as it's becomes GSN, and there will be less classic Game Shows, and more reality/original shows on the new GSN. The Game Show Network Deathwatch has begun

RIP Game Show Network 1994-2004

Frank J. Genovay III
Trenton, NJ
FRANK'S GAME SHOW WEBSITE: http://community.webtv.net/FrankJGenovay/WelcomeToFranksGAME

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 11:43:42 PM »
Have you actually taken a look at the new schedule? It's not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 11:58:26 PM »
These are the only programs I watch/tape on that channel these days:
Match Game '75, Let's Make A Deal, Beat The Clock, Family Feud and Blockbusters. Those shows are all staying. My planet will continue to revolve around the sun normally. Besides, they're only putzing with prime time anyway, right?

Timsterino

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 12:42:46 AM »
It really is no big deal. The only thing I currently watch on GSN are the WWTBAM repeats. I will probably watch the Mole repeats and that is about it.

The name change makes no difference in my world. I will still hardly watch.

Tim :-)

gsfan85

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 01:04:39 AM »
It looks to be as if they are ADDING more than they are taking off.  Older episodes of Love Connection, Shafer Match Game.  What shows are being taken off that people treasure?  I can't find any, but I'm sure someone else will.  In my opinion, GSN has been long overdue for a new look, and this will be a refreshing change for the network.  

Adam

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 01:08:39 AM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 01:04 AM\'] What shows are being taken off that people treasure?  I can't find any, but I'm sure someone else will. [/quote]
 The only show that I know of that is gone would be "Win Lose or Draw".  I didn't that show had too strong of a following, however.
They're probably mad because they still haven't gotten those "treasured" syndicated Combs Feud episodes yet.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

AH3RD

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 12:48:23 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 01:04 AM\'] It looks to be as if they are ADDING more than they are taking off.  Older episodes of Love Connection, Shafer Match Game.  What shows are being taken off that people treasure?  I can't find any, but I'm sure someone else will.  In my opinion, GSN has been long overdue for a new look, and this will be a refreshing change for the network. 

Adam [/quote]

Verrrrrrry Eeeenteresting...for GSN to celebrate its 10th anniversary with a (near) complete overhaul!

The Shafer MG I can do without, though!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 12:49:42 PM by AH3RD »
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 09:28:32 PM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Mar 9 2004, 12:48 PM\'][quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 01:04 AM\'] It looks to be as if they are ADDING more than they are taking off.  Older episodes of Love Connection, Shafer Match Game.  What shows are being taken off that people treasure?  I can't find any, but I'm sure someone else will.  In my opinion, GSN has been long overdue for a new look, and this will be a refreshing change for the network. 

Adam [/quote]

Verrrrrrry Eeeenteresting...for GSN to celebrate its 10th anniversary with a (near) complete overhaul!

The Shafer MG I can do without, though![/quote]
And so you will--since, as you've all known by now, that page was a red herring.  The current schedule's pretty much like the old one, with the exceptions of the GSN at 10 reality block and the departure of the quick-draw game nobody's playing.

TonicBH

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 06:50:07 AM »
I find it entirely ironic how when I found out I had Nickelodeon Games and Sports, I've had the cable box on that channel half the time, basically ignoring GSN. to me, seeing episodes of kids game shows (like Make the Grade) not seen before is a bit more entertaining than Love Connection reruns.

then again, I was born the year Double Dare premiered, so yeah.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

Don Howard

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 08:27:09 AM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 06:50 AM\'] then again, I was born the year Double Dare premiered, so yeah. [/quote]
 1976?

GS Warehouse

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 02:02:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 08:27 AM\'] [quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 06:50 AM\'] then again, I was born the year Double Dare premiered, so yeah. [/quote]
1976? [/quote]
 Is incorrect, it was 1986.  No dare at stake, no money changes place.  Control goes back to the Sugar-Coated Gak Puffs.  Here's your next $10 question...

adamjk

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 03:43:56 PM »
1976 was when the original Double Dare, no relation to the 86-93 DD/SSDD/FDD, debuted with Alex Trebek