Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The Price Is Right" to leave Television City  (Read 13049 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Re: "The Price Is Right" to leave Television City
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2023, 04:58:20 PM »
Fremantle has an ownership stake in Haven studios, so they'll save a bundle by using their own facility to shoot TPIR and LMAD.

Absent a similar arrangement, Y&R and B&B might continue to shoot at TV City.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2023, 01:53:38 PM »
Absent a similar arrangement, Y&R and B&B might continue to shoot at TV City.
Some articles have indicated that, because of the construction, *everything* is going to have to move out of TVC. The biggest noise is being made about where Price is going to land because they're the longest serving tenant of the current occupiers, who constantly announce their location at the top of every episode.

American Idol already moved out (to some place called Red Studios) like PYL as their new seasons started taping. Celebrity Family Feud will also be moving to Haven after years of taping at TVC for their upcoming season (they tape later this April).
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Chief-O

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2023, 07:53:37 PM »
American Idol already moved out (to some place called Red Studios)

Red Studios is the former Ren-Mar lot.
.....and it goes like this!!!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2023, 07:39:17 PM »
American Idol already moved out (to some place called Red Studios)

Red Studios is the former Ren-Mar lot.

Formerly Desilu Cahuenga.

jalman

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2023, 08:50:59 AM »
Stage setup for final TPIR Studio 33 taping seen from the back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIt1TKq9WCA

At 1:12:56, there's a brief tour.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2023, 01:22:22 PM »
What I am wondering is are they still taping season 51 episodes?  If so, are they going to have a "One Last Blast" kind of themed episode for the last one taped there?

They're taping through the end of this month.

So is the last episode taped the one slated to air on 7/4, or the one slated to air on Wednesday?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2023, 01:38:10 PM »
The show airing today, (edit: NOPE, see Steve's post), is the final show taped there (VTR 3/29/23, 2nd taping of the day). (Unless they flipped them in which case it was 0285L on Friday?)

The show airing July 4th, 0294L, is the last show in "episode number order" and "air date order" (yes, all three are often diverging), and was one of three taped on March 27th. Three more shows were taped on the 28th, then two on the 29th, so the last aired and last episode # was produced with somewhere between 5-7 shows left to film depending on which of the 3/27 shows it was.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 04:52:08 PM by Chelsea Thrasher »

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2023, 03:08:16 PM »
In the TikTok video that Fremantle posted about TPIR's last day, at 1:18, they show Drew walking to his opening spot behind the doors for what they say is the last time. The setup in door #2 doesn't match the first pricing game to use door #2 in today's aired episode (it also doesn't match what aired on Friday).

At 1:41, there's a clip of all six models waving good-bye to the audience, which makes me wonder whether, as a sendoff, all of the models appeared in the episode (they're all dressed to be show ready).

And we know the online calendar hasn't always been updated in the timeliest manner.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2023, 03:11:28 PM »
The show airing today, 0291L, is the final show taped there

Except not, because they aired 0021L (which was skipped back in December) today instead.

Apparently, today's show is now airing next Monday.  I wonder if they moved stuff around to have it air "last."  (I mean, it won't be last, but it'll come at the end of the regular schedule.)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2023, 10:10:14 PM »
A heads-up for the spoiler averse that CBS has started peppering stories about TPIR's move into assorted newscasts, and the footage they use contains clips of the yet-to-be-aired final episode in Studio 33.

bwood

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2023, 10:59:04 PM »
On Camera Audiences is announcing the return of a Studio Audience this coming season, which IMO is much needed:

https://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/the_price_is_right

BillCullen1

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2023, 10:31:16 AM »
So they're going back to the pre-Covid audience setup. I was wondering if they would do that with the change of studios.