Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The Price Is Right" to leave Television City  (Read 12873 times)

SuperSweeper

Re: "The Price Is Right" to leave Television City
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2023, 12:43:39 PM »
What I am wondering is are they still taping season 51 episodes?  If so, are they going to have a "One Last Blast" kind of themed episode for the last one taped there?

They're taping through the end of this month.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2023, 01:51:52 PM »
What I am wondering is are they still taping season 51 episodes?  If so, are they going to have a "One Last Blast" kind of themed episode for the last one taped there?
If it’s a temporary move for renovations as currently advertised
Don't bet on it being a temporary move, for reasons I outlined elsewhere. Like Jeopardy! and Wheel, they might be able to leave the set standing. It's labor intensive rolling the doors and turntable out and then back in again and lighting it all.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2023, 11:19:49 PM »
I wonder what will become of the soaps which currently occupy three stages at TV City. Maybe move them across Genesee?
Try the Radford lot in Studio City (where The Talk already tapes at).

tvwxman

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2023, 08:25:44 AM »
I wonder if this is going to lead to a seismic set change, without the possibility of a sunken audience?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2023, 10:13:26 AM »
I wonder if this is going to lead to a seismic set change, without the possibility of a sunken audience?
I think this is very much a possibility, and I discussed this with Jeremy and Ben a few weeks ago. Not only did they do this during the Covid season, but the foreign version place the audience in traditional bleachers. I think only the fanboys would complain about such cosmetic change.

That’s not to say you can’t build an elevated platform with lower audience seating, but it seems like a lot to go through just to maintain tradition.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2023, 02:07:28 PM »
What I hope the concern will be is that it's generally a good idea to keep The Price Is Right and Let's Make a Deal from looking too much like one another, and any kind of raised audience (especially if TPIR is still using distancing pods) will look a lot like Deal's setup. Additionally, when Wayne selects a particularly energetic contestant from the top of the seating area, he sometimes has to interrupt their enthusiasm by cautioning them to be careful as they make their way down. There have been TPIR contestants who have managed to fall down on a ramp -- I'd be worried about forcing them to contend with stairs.

Also, there's something subconsciously significant about the winner of a One Bid being permitted to ascend onto the stage.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2023, 02:34:12 PM »
Also, there's something subconsciously significant about the winner of a One Bid being permitted to ascend onto the stage.

I think this phrased my thought better than I could. Call it tradition if you want, but it does seem like the show is designed around that whole "Down There, Up Here" structure.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2023, 06:25:01 PM »
Same as Millionaire’s qualifier. You go from the outer rim to the Hot Seat at center stage.
Travis L. Eberle

TimK2003

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2023, 07:48:25 PM »
Same as Millionaire’s qualifier. You go from the outer rim to the Hot Seat at center stage.

As well as in the last years of ABC Password.  Players started on stage left and had to qualify for a spot "upstairs" at the main desk.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2023, 02:11:18 AM »
What I hope the concern will be is that it's generally a good idea to keep The Price Is Right and Let's Make a Deal from looking too much like one another, and any kind of raised audience (especially if TPIR is still using distancing pods) will look a lot like Deal's setup.

Think of the cost savings! Just outfit those pods with some color changing lights and you can change the set between Deal and Price with the flip of a switch. Even the doors can be multi-purpose! The Fremantle accountants are already celebrating the cost reduction.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2023, 08:39:42 AM »
What I hope the concern will be is that it's generally a good idea to keep The Price Is Right and Let's Make a Deal from looking too much like one another, and any kind of raised audience (especially if TPIR is still using distancing pods) will look a lot like Deal's setup.

Especially for the markets who air them back-to-back, like mine. 
@lambertman

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2023, 09:13:29 AM »
I have to think that Price is going to keep the screen in the back of the audience for trips & stuff so they'll have to build the seating around that anyway. I imagine that any other changes will be based on space and (more importantly) time restraints.

I also believe that we'd be wondering about the crowd setup for next year regardless of Price's situation, it's only a louder conversation because of the move.
This signature is currently under construction.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2023, 02:40:23 PM »
I wonder what will become of the soaps which currently occupy three stages at TV City. Maybe move them across Genesee?

Do you know this for a fact or are you conjecturing? Hackmann will have 36 and 46 to keep busy.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2023, 02:50:31 PM »
That’s not to say you can’t build an elevated platform with lower audience seating, but it seems like a lot to go through just to maintain tradition.

Wouldn't that require all prizes and set pieces to be hoisted onto this platform, even cars and motor homes?

In 33, prizes and set pieces go in and out through that upstage left door. In a new facility they could open that up, making it easier to get those things in and out, similar to the way LMAD used to be done.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2023, 03:12:21 PM »
Do you know this for a fact or are you conjecturing? Hackmann will have 36 and 46 to keep busy.

No, he's showing off that he knows the name and location of the lot that Teh Talk tapes at in an attempt to raise his status within the group.

What he refuses to figure out is that nobody cares.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe