Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Canadian game shows where Americans can compete, historically and presently  (Read 3321 times)

tvmitch

Re: Canadian game shows where Americans can compete, historically and presently
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2023, 06:28:47 AM »
I remember a contestant from Buffalo, NY on Definition once.  Buffalo and Toronto are less than a two-hour drive between each other so I guess that's not a total surprise.
Also worth noting that CFTO has been a mainstay on western New York cable systems since the '80s. I have family as far south as Olean, and CFTO and CBLT have been on their cable system (not sure if that's the case anymore).
You should follow me on Twitter

Ian Wallis

Also worth noting that CFTO has been a mainstay on western New York cable systems since the '80s. I have family as far south as Olean, and CFTO and CBLT have been on their cable system (not sure if that's the case anymore).

The Toronto stations carried quite far into New York State - especially when they started beaming from the CN Tower in 1976.  I've heard over the years that Global, CFMT and CITY were also available over the air in Western New York - although (for some reason) they were never listed in TV Guide.

Hamilton's CHCH was listed in Erie PA's TV Guide for years.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!