Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game TV April 4 - Nice additions!  (Read 28143 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Re: Game TV April 4 - Nice additions!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2023, 01:08:47 PM »

If they ran any eps I'm missing here, they can be added to the tally, but I have record of:

Slated: N1: (VTR 7/17/76): Clifton Davis, Elena Verdugo, Jaye P. Morgan, William Conrad, Joey Bishop, Anson Williams, Barbara Eden, Hermione Baddeley, and Pat Morita; Debbie vs. Jeffrey

I can confirm they did indeed air this one, and yeah they aired 5. On another note, starting next week GameTV's schedule also shows $100,000 Pyramid as "1986" rather than the 1985 season they've been stuck on.

ivoryman1986

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2023, 06:47:08 PM »

If they ran any eps I'm missing here, they can be added to the tally, but I have record of:

Slated: N1: (VTR 7/17/76): Clifton Davis, Elena Verdugo, Jaye P. Morgan, William Conrad, Joey Bishop, Anson Williams, Barbara Eden, Hermione Baddeley, and Pat Morita; Debbie vs. Jeffrey

I can confirm they did indeed air this one, and yeah they aired 5. On another note, starting next week GameTV's schedule also shows $100,000 Pyramid as "1986" rather than the 1985 season they've been stuck on.
So that means we finally get to see Tournament #4 next week, correct?

tvmitch

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2023, 07:27:38 PM »
A wild link appeared

No guarantees on what may or may not be at this link, glitches, or how long it might last
You should follow me on Twitter

Blanquepage

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2023, 09:00:21 AM »
A wild link appeared

No guarantees on what may or may not be at this link, glitches, or how long it might last
And it just so happened my VLC crapped out on me Tuesday and yesterday. Thanks a bunch, Mitch!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2023, 05:32:35 PM »
Not all heroes wear capes.  You are amazing, Mitch.  Thank you for sharing.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2023, 08:18:40 PM »
A wild link appeared

Bless.

Blanquepage

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2023, 10:21:27 AM »
Re: Tic Tac Dough Season 2
Curiously, Game TV skipped the first 3 episodes of the Over 80 Tournament, anyone recall if GSN did the same?

Allstar87

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2023, 10:31:32 AM »
Curiously, Game TV skipped the first 3 episodes of the Over 80 Tournament, anyone recall if GSN did the same?

The 2008 rotation skipped over the first two; those were the only two skips of the entire season. I don't know if they aired on GSN before then.

Blanquepage

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2023, 01:53:39 PM »

The 2008 rotation skipped over the first two; those were the only two skips of the entire season. I don't know if they aired on GSN before then.
I see, thanks. Who knows, maybe Game TV skipped the additional episode to get the alignment of days back on track so that new weeks don't begin on Thursdays.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2023, 11:59:16 PM »
I see, thanks. Who knows, maybe Game TV skipped the additional episode to get the alignment of days back on track so that new weeks don't begin on Thursdays.

That really doesn't fit into what they (or any other) network has ever done historically. Especially for a civilian driven game like TTD.

My guess: Sony/GSN, back in the day, kept their episodes three to a digital betacam tape, and while their airchain and distribution went to digital files a while back, at some point they'd have done a transfer - either for digital archiving, future distribution, or transfer-on-demand once GameTV licensed these episodes. Related, many of Fremantle's own copies are sourced from those transfers of the original tape/film that Sony did when GSN was launched. It's why some 90s GSN branding has occasionally popped up on Buzzr, why THOSE three eps of Perry CS aren't on Amazon, etc.

Episodes B-046 to B-048 would have been on the same tape. (Tapes 1-65 would have been season 1/A at 195 shows, next 15 are B-001 through B-045) Guessing that whatever happened that's caused 46 and 47 to always be skipped by GSN, when the digital transfers of this season were done, either the damage/deterioration had progressed and left B-048 unplayable was well, or whoever was assigned to do the transfer saw 46 and 47 were bad and assumed 48 was too.

blaq

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2023, 11:17:27 AM »
Break the Bank?  Wow - this is surprising news.  Hopefully they'll get to episodes that never aired on GSN.  Some of their leases have been quite small, but I can't wait to see this one!

I wrote GameTV and here's what Maria Donatelli, Director of Programming, wrote back:
With most old game shows, like Break the Bank, we are limited to what episodes are available. We try to air the episodes in order however this series has quite a few episodes missing or simply no longer exist. Out of the 100 episodes originally produced, GameTV is currently airing 64 of these episodes. We will be airing this series all summer and you will have the opportunity to watch the entire library that is available for broadcast.

*Jumping up and down in joy* Apart from a few YouTube episodes, I haven't had a chance to watch BtB since its original run, when I was 14 and mesmerized by the board and gameplay! It just goes to show: wait about 50 years and something good may come your way.  ;)

Also: Mitch, you're a Godsend. I'm archiving these recordings to ensure I can enjoy them until the day I die.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2023, 11:25:36 AM »
Out of the 100 episodes originally produced, GameTV is currently airing 64 of these episodes. We will be airing this series all summer and you will have the opportunity to watch the entire library that is available for broadcast.

Based on # of skips so far and how that hundred breaks down (74 daytime, 26 syndicated), going out on a limb here: likely no nighttime run eps for GameTV, total of ten skips for daytime (of which seven five have already happened).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 12:35:44 PM by Chelsea Thrasher »

tvmitch

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2023, 11:44:45 AM »
Also: Mitch, you're a Godsend. I'm archiving these recordings to ensure I can enjoy them until the day I die.
Glad you're enjoying them and you're welcome. The episodes that successfully record will be uploaded, when I have a chance to do so. The recordings have been hit-or-miss over the last week, so some episodes may not be there or they may be glitchy.

On the flip side of Blaq's thank-you message - I am letting the forum know that I have received several persistent and borderline-aggressive emails and PMs from some folks about these recordings (from people I've never conversed with before).

Honestly. Please stop. These will go unanswered, and I'll be blocking you immediately. The folder goes invite-only if I receive one more unsolicited message like this.

Otherwise, enjoy!
You should follow me on Twitter

Blanquepage

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2023, 11:53:47 AM »
Out of the 100 episodes originally produced, GameTV is currently airing 64 of these episodes. We will be airing this series all summer and you will have the opportunity to watch the entire library that is available for broadcast.

Based on # of skips so far and how that hundred breaks down (74 daytime, 26 syndicated), going out on a limb here: likely no nighttime run eps for GameTV, total of ten skips for daytime (of which seven have already happened).
Agreed on the nighttime series not being included, now I'm a bit curious though on the number of available episodes being "97" according to that leaked Sony file of GSN's library.
Perhaps some got lost or deemed unplayable since then, or just inaccurate accounting.

On another note as of yesterday, we're only up to 5 skips. I'm going to try my darndest to keep the guide updated in the thread on the general forum http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php/topic,34762.msg405354.html#msg405354   

Still 19 blanks, including info on a couple GameTV has yet to air; fingers crossed none of the 5 remaining skips fall in the final week. Would be nice to get that in full.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 12:09:29 PM by Blanquepage »

BillCullen1

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2023, 11:54:18 AM »
I watched the ep where Dan Avila was eventually defeated. I thought Tom was a better host than Jack Barry. Thanks for posting.