Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker Tribute Programming  (Read 10004 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

Bob Barker Tribute Programming
« on: August 29, 2023, 04:42:42 PM »
CBS will be programming "The Price is Right: A Tribute to Bob Barker", a newly produced special presented by Drew, on Thursday at 8PM ET/PT. (CT/MT adjust accordingly), which will rerun in Price's normal slot on Monday.

GSN will be doing an 8 hour marathon of Bob Barker's appearances on Match Game this Saturday starting at 9AM ET. (edit 2: it's been reinstated)

No word yet from Buzzr, but have to assume something (and likely something far more elaborate) is coming. Wouldn't be surprised to see a special stunt on the Pluto Barker TPiR linear feed as well.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 03:17:48 AM by Chelsea Thrasher »

snowpeck

Re: Bob Barker Tribute Programming
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 05:00:08 PM »
GSN will be doing an 8 hour marathon of Bob Barker's appearances on Match Game this Saturday starting at 9AM ET.

CBS will be programming "The Price is Right: A Tribute to Bob Barker", a newly produced special presented by Drew, on Thursday at 8PM ET/PT. (CT/MT adjust accordingly), which will rerun in Price's normal slot on Monday.

No word yet from Buzzr, but have to assume something (and likely something far more elaborate) is coming. Wouldn't be surprised to see a special stunt on the Pluto Barker TPiR linear feed as well.
Buzzr is running an in memoriam promo with clips of him on various shows, including one of "That's My Line" of all things, so I would have to guess an episode of that will be in whatever they're planning.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Matt Ottinger

Re: Bob Barker Tribute Programming
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 11:21:13 AM »
Buzzr is running an in memoriam promo with clips of him on various shows, including one of "That's My Line" of all things, so I would have to guess an episode of that will be in whatever they're planning.

Sorry, I mentioned this in the obituary section before I made it to your post.  This does seem like exactly the sort of wonderfully odd thing Buzzr would do, doesn't it?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.